Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Katy Perry in Vancouver!

Hi all, still alive and kicking!

So Katy Perry was in town two nights ago, and fans FLOCKED to Rogers Arena to see her. I've been trying to call into the Beat (our local radio station) to win free tickets to the concert. Haha, not that I'm particularly fond of Katy Perry, but I do like a few of her songs. Not enough to make me want to buy the tickets outright... (Okay okay I'll say it, I'm just cheap. That's the student life for you!).


Here's a video of her in concert:

Funnily enough, I happen to know that Katy Perry doesn't have the strongest live singing voice. She sounds manly when she sings live. Not to belittle her talent or anything - she's still an amazing singer. It's not easy to hit those high notes! You'd have to find some of her older Live concert videos to hear what I'm talking about. No doubt she has come a long way since then, and has improved a lot!

Just thought it'd be neat to mention!

62 comments:

  1. Never listened to her although she does seem to be an interesting character and a lot more humourous that Lady Gaga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checked out the older videos like you said, oh my god the difference is amazing!! they clearly have a lot of sound work done on her voice before it hits the tv, I know the pains of student life, i just graduated and the debt is worse than not having the money XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the cheap student life argument :P I'm kinda like that myself.
    I'd like to see her live as well actually :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to guess she has some strong autotune magic working now that she can afford sound engineers. They can do real time audio processing (see the i am tpain app for proof)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know some of her songs but prefer other music styles

    ReplyDelete
  6. did u kiss a girl and like on a friday nite?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet she would sound good sitting on my lap. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha Katy is good looking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did notice when I kissed a girl first came out, her voice was a little deep. Then on California girls it sounded all light and fluffy. But hey, if she puts on a good show, go for it. I'd go to pretty much any concert if I got tickets for free. It's all about the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never have been a big fan of her

    ReplyDelete
  11. good post! good luck! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AnonymousJuly 20, 2011

    I'll marry her someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with those tickets.

    You'll need it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe you could borrow some money, buy 2 tickets, then scalp one to pay for both?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some of her songs are great, others a pretty annoying after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i knew she couldnt sing live.. something just told me

    ReplyDelete
  17. She doesn't bother me that much, but I wouldn't go to one of her concerts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep, cheap student life for the win. The WBC is protesting a Katy Perry concert in Missouri next month.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not a fan of Katy Perry, but she isn't half bad.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how bubbly she is, she's always looking for a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like her videos. Is she married to Russel Brand?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! Hit me back at http://starcraftdinner.blogspot.com/
    +followed

    ReplyDelete
  23. you could probably get the same experience by putting on her music loudly and dunking your head in a warm bubble bath.

    ReplyDelete
  24. thats awesome haha, katy perry aint half bad to listen to really

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like Katy, her musics are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Blargle, pop music just ain't my thiiiiing, BUT...butbutbut, I do support your right to listen to whatever the hell you want.

    Good to hear that you had such a good experience!

    ReplyDelete
  27. AnonymousJuly 20, 2011

    Katy Perry at least has a semi-unique style and way about her... I'll give her credit for that...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Not my kind of music, but katy perry is pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dont really like her, but she is smoking hot. My GF has seen her live a couple times though.

    ReplyDelete
  30. AnonymousJuly 20, 2011

    Don't really listen to her stuff, not my kind of music. But I do respect her for talent and what she has accomplished over the years. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't stop listening to her for some reason

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good to know you're back I've been waiting for one of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  33. She's a pretty awesome artist, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Manly voice and all she still looks great lol

    ReplyDelete
  35. I've noticed whenever she does an TV appearance on a talk show or what not, she changes up her songs into a slower acoustic or piano version. Maybe because she can't sing without all the production of her expensive stage shows

    ReplyDelete
  36. I <3 Her.
    But you are right. She does not have a live singing voice. But anyways she' awesome.


    BTW, thanks for you comment at my blog. And readers of this blog, please drop by my blog and say hello. Follow me if you like it, ignore if you don't !
    Cheers.

    http://hamza-the-philosophaster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. i like same of her songs

    ReplyDelete
  38. Not my kinda music. But concerts are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  39. three words. she's fucking hawt! :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. Totally get the cheap student thing. I was like that at University too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  41. She's hot, but her music.... hmmmm not so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I also like some of her songs too!

    ReplyDelete
  43. AnonymousJuly 21, 2011

    Im just here to say that she's so hot xD

    ReplyDelete
  44. Catchy song but I dont like it really

    ReplyDelete
  45. She looks good and sings good.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Her songs are catchy but I never really expected her to be a good singer live.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Katy Perry is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Lets be honest here, I just want to see Katy Perry's tits.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I don't this that's my type of music, but she DOES look good

    ReplyDelete
  50. Good to see you're still alive, I don't care for Katy Perry much but that was an interesting difference in tone you brought up. I think your voice probably changes a bit after so much singing though.

    ReplyDelete
  51. My husband love's her. Not seeing it but that's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I have to say that she has at least won my respect for not lip-synching...

    And it's great to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  53. For that reason I never like to go to concerts. It is very rare to hear a band/singer/artist as good on the CD/MP3 as in person. OH well,

    ReplyDelete
  54. I really enjoyed Katy Perry until they started playing her songs EVERYWHERE ALL OF THE TIME. I think I've heard "firework" about 100 times in the passed two weeks alone. :\

    ReplyDelete
  55. You'd be surprised at how much processing goes into making her voice bearable. It's just like the photoshopping models pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  56. super!!!greetings from Greece!!!

    ReplyDelete