Hi blogger!
To get you guys up to speed with my week, I've started a memership at Goodlife Gym to really get a boost in my workout routine. I've been doing their Body Pump classes which are hella fun =).
Basically, Body Pump is a weightlifting class that helps tone your muscles. It does all of the major weightlifting movements, like Squat, Bench, Rows, Dead, Bicep, Triceps... But it focuses on tons of reps (maybe hundreds) using light weights. The great thing is that there is a trainer leading the class, who not only corrects your form but really encourages you to keep giong and keep pushing yourself. We do each set to a music track, and we don't stop unless there's a pause/slowdown in the song (for a break), or until the song stops. So that's 5 minutes of nothing but pumping those weights, then switch tracks to target a different muscle group. And on and on for the whole hour!
Lastly, I started doing this, the P90X Ab Ripper X:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1464945638519938565
I know, I know... it's pretty intense isn't it? I want to have abs like the girls in that video! And I love how there are other vids there of people showing their results from the P90X sets... And I must say, some are quite impressive!
I'm doing the Body Combat class sometime this weekend, so i'll let you guys know how that goes...
wow your amazing, keep it up!
ReplyDeleteKeep it up! You could always post your "success" photo's too ;)
ReplyDeleteIt's good that you're doing this, just be careful not to over do it.
ReplyDeleteP90X is nothing BUT intensity.
ReplyDeleteNot that I've done it, I have my own routine set...but I've thought about slippin' in some P90X simply because of how it's affected my friends (the ones who work out AND do this, at least).
Way to go. Keep up the momentum
ReplyDeleteI love the gym, I'm there 6 days a week
ReplyDeleteHeard a lot of good things about p90x
ReplyDeleteI hear P90X is ridiculously intense. Like puke your guts out and continue with the program intense haha, I don't want abs that bad
ReplyDeleteAh, weightlifting...an excellent choice.
ReplyDeleteWeightlifting is great body training. Heavy weights with 5x5 (5 sets of 5 reps) is good program.
ReplyDeleteThis lightweight maximal reps seems aerobic (lung and heart exercise) more than muscle building, but if you are content with it and it is doing what you want,keep at it and good luck.
Hope you share some photos with us. ;)
ReplyDeleteI have absolutely no motivation to go to a gym. I wish I did, tbh, I need to start running more (or something cardiovascular).
ReplyDeleteTo bad I don't need any of that stuff ;)
ReplyDeletePost some pics so we get too see what you look like.
ReplyDeletei'm really into martia arts, so i'll pass body pump :)
ReplyDeletethis is great! youll feel so much better after a hard work out.
ReplyDeletewow, pretty intense! Wish I could do this much >.> Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteNice, keep up the good work. I have been getting lazy with my workouts....by not working out at all really...
ReplyDeleteKeep it up!!!!
ReplyDeleteif I had the money I'd go to a gym, but I have adjustable weight dumb bells at home, so it's all good
ReplyDeleteAh, I prefer not to pay into the scams of home equipment work out things like the P90X or Total Gym. I have a pull up bar for my arms and abs, and I bike that I ride for 50 miles at a time for legs.
ReplyDeleteDang man you got a lot of will. I just finished p90x myself, although I didn't diet fully (maybe like 70%), and I feel pretty great, 13 pounds lost! Wish you luck on your journey =).
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff! Keep it up. No pain no gain! Or so they say.
ReplyDeletepics or it didn't happen.
ReplyDeletekidding! keep it up! :D
The ripper X host makes me laugh for some reason. Laughing also works the core! Great job, keep it up.
ReplyDeleteDude, P90X is amazing, good job keeping up with your working out. Sounds like you are really committed to the fitness lifestyle! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteKeep that spirit :D
ReplyDeleteYou get on it girl!!! Love to see a girl with some power and determination :D
ReplyDeleteThat sounds pretty tough, good luck! I couldn't manage that.
ReplyDeleteNice Blog. 1 more follower¡¡¡
ReplyDeleteJust another reminder that I need to lose a little weight.
ReplyDeleteI'm a P90Xer, I'm a coach with beachbody as well. Keep up the hard work. Keep your eyes out for P90X-2 coming out in DEC.
ReplyDeleteyoure a beast! way to go!
ReplyDeletecomputerfixins.blogspot.com
just started going back to the gym too. good luck!
ReplyDeleteperhaps you should track your progress as you go along
ReplyDeleteIs it considered a prerequisite to form an "X" with your arms, while talking about P90X?
ReplyDeletewe use p90x a lot on my submarine since it doesnt really require a lot of room but its a wicked good workout.
ReplyDeletegood stuff!
ReplyDeleteAb ripper is intense! Keep it up!
ReplyDeletep90x has been in my hard drive for about a month now. STILL IN ZIP FOLDER.
ReplyDeletekeep it up!
ReplyDeleteWAY TO GO!!!! keep it up. thanks for checking my site out and i got you followed....
ReplyDeletesniperartbytodd.blogspot.com
Good luck man!
ReplyDeleteHave a SUPER week, Jessica !
ReplyDeleteGood luck. I really need to get back into the gym myself. Since I started working nights, my work out and eating schedules are all screwed up.
ReplyDeleteI love the p90x ads- so intense, so many people crossing their arms
ReplyDeletei want a gyme
ReplyDeleteMuscle building it is...very interesting since I've accumulate a not so healthy amounts from gaming. Nice wake up call. wow accounts for sale
ReplyDeletekeep it up!
ReplyDeletebuy Tramadol 200 mg here
prescription pills here