Hello boys and girls,
Thought I'd give you guys an update on my new fitness regimen. This week I'm still 120 pounds, same as last week when I started out.... I've been keeping very consistent in my calorie counting, and it actually looks like I've been negative calories for most of my days! I'm still not seeing results though =(.
Some major changes this week that I've made include:
1) Oatmeal for breakfast
2) Salad for lunch
3) Fruits, veggies, and nuts for snack (e.g. celery, carrots, grapefruit, almonds...)
4) Low carb and low fat diet
5) Visit the gym every day to do treadmill (10 minutes) and weight training (30 minutes)
6) Eat 5 small meals a day
Frankly, I'm completely fine with the meal plan... I've been eating like a rabbit the whole week, and I honestly don't mind having raw lettuce daily (not even salad dressing!). Usually my protein comes from chicken/turkey breast on my salad. Sometimes I treat myself with a cucumber or tomato in it.
Desserts and junk food are *almost* out of the equation, but I've already made significant cuts to those as it is! Yes, yes, once or twice I gave in to the craving... But how's a girl supposed to live otherwise? Really though, I think the most difficult part of my regimen is the gym visits. Having only recently gotten off my fat ass, I'm not in the groove of running for extended periods...
Oh well, there's always next week though!
ive been working on my diet little by little.
ReplyDeleteright now ive been 2 weeks without rockstar or caffeine yay me!
It's good to see someone making a positive difference in their health. Good for you.
ReplyDeleteCheck me out at:
http://brassdragons.blogspot.com/
Maybe adding more good fats (things like avocados and tuna) would be better in the long run from a sustainability standpoint?
ReplyDeleteWoah, yer postin' such information on a public thing? Huh...you've got balls, lady.
ReplyDeleteI respect that.
For me, it's less a matter of diet (which is pseudo-atrocious) and more a matter of just doing more. I've gotten back into stretching 3-5 times a week and am handling a free-weights/pushups regimen...and I'm getting a better result than back when I used to do bench presses only. I have yet to add my weighted punches training, but I'm almost to the point where I can do that again.
On the other hand, my cardio is nonexistent (and will remain so for one if not two more months) and handling stress is just my main thing right now.
Urgh, this is why I haven't done my restaurant review blog in awhile...
120 pounds is pretty good! And I hate oatmeal, so I applaud you.
ReplyDeletekeep at it! It's gonna pay off sooner or later! It's hard not to give up sometimes, but fight for it.
ReplyDeletewow thats awesome Welld done!
ReplyDeleteInteresting post!
ReplyDeleteEverything takes time. But wow 120 pounds and you still wanna loose weight :O
ReplyDeleteWay to go, and good luck. I'm moving onto the diet portion of my weight loss regimen. Gonna be rough for the next week
ReplyDeletekeep it up with the training, I envy you for your discipline
ReplyDeleteif you wanna lose weight go run/swim and do lowcarbo diet,you'll notice the effects within a week : D
ReplyDeletesounds good to me!
ReplyDeleteGood luck for the next week ;-)
ReplyDeleteGood work.
ReplyDeleteOne of the tricks I used for a while for healthy eating was I premade all my porridge and put it into glass jars.
(american translation) Made all my oatmeal put it in masons jars.
It worked wonders.
Make the porridge add my usual blueberry + LSA mix for protein and then put it all into jars.. lasts for a few days like this and can be heated for convenient instant porridge!
Most important thing is to stick with it. Don't lose faith if you don't see changes immediately!
ReplyDeleteThis my diet menu.Breakfast : low fat milk,fruits,n oat meal.10 o'clock : juice.Lunch : brown rice,lots of vegetables,chicken/fish but not fried,green tea.4.00 pm : juice.Night : steamed sweet potato.No sugar in any drinks.Go to the gym three times a week.From 69kg,my weight is 53kg now.Check it out at http://julianarome.blogspot.com/ "No Meat No Fish Today"
ReplyDeletethats nice, keep it up!
ReplyDeleteGood advice and well done!!
ReplyDeleteDunno how you do it... I have trouble getting out of bed
thats seems pretty strict.
ReplyDeleteI should probably exercise a little more than I do. But it's hard work... Oh well. :P
ReplyDeleteOh, you'll be fit in no time! :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, following and supporting! :)
i know i should do the same but the lazyness... argh
ReplyDelete120 pounds sound to be an ideal weight so you may not actually need to lose anymore. Make sure you are getting some fat in your diet as well. Your body needs it and obviously you don't need me to point out that moderation is key.
ReplyDeleteYou shoul do HIIT after your weight lifting! Its quick and cool!
ReplyDeleteand by "weight training" what you mean?
ReplyDeleteMy diet consists of shoving as much food as I can into my mouth. 6'3 and 140lbs FML. It's all about maintenance. What you put in is what you put out. Eat less lose more, eat more gain more.
ReplyDeleteI need to lose weight myself (I'm at 170 when I should be around 140-150). And what you're doing sounds like torture to me.
ReplyDeleteNice tips I've been weight lifting lately and i gotta eat A LOT!
ReplyDeleteYou weigh 120 lbs and have a fat butt? I dunno.
ReplyDeleteI put coconut oil in my oatmeal plus cinnamon, blackberries and walnuts. Don't forget, you need (good) fats. Do your weight training before cardio, which is only good for lungs and heart (important yes, but not for weight management). All in all you doing well. I wonder what your weight goal is, 90lbs?
Do pull up or chin ups, you'll tone existing muscle instead of creating new muscle mass (potential weight) and they are the best thing you can do for your back and upper body
ReplyDeleteGood work.
ReplyDeleteI wish I could be skinny like that.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with all the rabbit food!
ReplyDeleteI can do the exercise part, but I just can't eat all the lettuce and such. I respect anyone who can.
It's hard to me being constant with the diet/exercises but i'm sooo lazy :(. I hope the best for you, you'll have a beautiful body in no time =).
ReplyDeleteWow, that looks like a big change. That diet is a bit strict.
ReplyDeleteGreat stuffs, Jessica ! And thanks for visiting my blog !
ReplyDeleteComplex carbs are very important. Instead of eating white bread, switch to those
ReplyDeleteYou need more protein.
ReplyDeleteI could do with following your list!!
ReplyDeleteThats what I been doing for a while, but you alos need protein
ReplyDelete*also
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything, you should get to see some results soon even if you don't notice a drop in weight, you may have lost some inches.
ReplyDeletenice!!! followd ;)
ReplyDeleteYou should have some great results if you follow that diet
ReplyDeleteWay to stick with it, I've forgone the weight loss, and am lifting and working in endurance sports like spinning and swimming. I don't much care what the scale says as long as the amount of me on the scale looks good. I realize you say you are going from couch potato to working out, but 10 minutes seems like a pretty light workout to me. I know my weightlifting workout between the one super-set, and follow up crushing leg workout takes me at least 45 minutes, if I add a 3 set of abs and stretching it's an hour easy. If you have trouble areas they might benefit from toning more than really weightloss (depending on your frame 120lbs is not very big) you could talk to a trainer so see if they have any ideas.
ReplyDeleteHi Jessica, thank you for the comments and visit.
ReplyDeleteGood advice and well done for sure. Salad only for lunch?
You're 120, but how tall? weight always goes with height :)
ReplyDeletethanks for the advice!
Whoo, diets, I'm on a excercise kick right myself. Morning and night, do reps of push-ups, crunches, power breaths, and practicing splits until I can't do it anymore.
ReplyDeleteWait, gyms have treadmills? I'm usually there to swim.
Hey, doing what I can't, good four you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your training! Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteSee I try to eat healthy then I walk past a chocolate bar and it calls to me. Though, I find that if I do indulge if I go for a walk or a gentle run I feel a lot better.
ReplyDeletewell done of you but 120lbs sounds pretty good to me
ReplyDeleteway to go, keep it up
ReplyDeleteGood to see you making the effort to improve, have you tried investing in some protein powder to add to your oatmeal in the morning? can livin up the taste a little bit.
ReplyDeleteRun your stats through a BMR calculator just to make sure your calories are enough, too little calories could impact on your metabolism in the long run.
CDT STRIKES BACK! great post
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update, I really need a diet to lose some weight. 20lbs should do the trick.
ReplyDeleteLemme tell ya, it's really hard to commit to a diet when you work graveyards. And at a grocery store nonetheless. Keep at it though, sounds like you'll have plenty of success!
ReplyDeleteVery cool, if the only thing you drink is water you might be even more successful. :0 Already i can tell you have great self-control though lol.
ReplyDeleteinteresting post, gotta try it myself. keep it up!
ReplyDeleteWere all so proud
ReplyDeleteWow.. nice plan and all the best
ReplyDeletethe hardest part about all of this is continuing it. good luck though
ReplyDeleteHow the hell do you treat yourself to a cucumber. I hate that crap. Only thing I really don't eat aside from Octopus......don't ask.
ReplyDeletestick at it :)
ReplyDeleteraw lettuce daily (not even salad dressing!).
ReplyDeleteNo way could I do naked lettuce, I like my salad to make an effort and dress up a bit...
Maybe you should try CKD?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.bodybuildingdungeon.com/forums/nutrition/2156-ckd-cyclical-ketogenic-diet.html
Good advice.
ReplyDeleteSubscribe to my exercise tips blog for more related info:
http://awesomeexercisetips.blogspot.com/
So what are you having for dinners..? Chicken, or fish, or what?
ReplyDeleteWow, good luck with that!
ReplyDeleteKeep at it skinster!
ReplyDeleteyou have a lot of comments i didnt read them all so forgive me if some one has already posted this.
ReplyDeletecalories have a bad rap but in reality calories = engery. the more calories you consume the more potential energy you will have. the problem with calories comes when you eat alot of them but then dont expend the energy in any way... lol eating 4k calories a day and then sitting around is a good way to get fat otherwise if you burn more and more calories each day then its fine to increase your calorie intake
i've already checked you out ;)
ReplyDeleteI can never keep up with diets, but I do try to hit up the gym often still 130 lbs, but I want to get cut up, I'm decently muscular for my size so it's just about getting defined for me. It's hard being Mexican, my mom always has such amazing food available, tamales with rice and beans are a daily routine, it'd break my moms heart to say no, but I gotta do what I gotta do haha. sevenfoldsin.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteSounds like you need more than 10 minutes on the treadmill for cardio to be effective.
ReplyDeleteGlad you've got some initiative! I'm inspired to change a little bit on my sedentary now. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletei have athletic body o/
ReplyDeletedont need this :p
good work!
ReplyDeleteI promise that when I finish with cocktails and dessert recipes, all of them will be healthy food! :]
ReplyDeleteUnlike your other post, which i rahter enjoyed, this one was actually pretty darn boring.
ReplyDeletelooks like a good plan. good luck!
ReplyDeleteA couple tips for you: get EA Active for the Xbox/Kinect. It's definitely worth it and keeps count of all your statistics (calories burned and the like). It's like your own personal trainer, and you're not paying monthly gym fees. On top of that, if you have any friends who want to work out, you can do so side-by-side and compete to see who does better, easier promoted by the statistics. Also, you get achievements, so there's a reward system.
ReplyDeleteMy other tip is not to eat before periods of inactivity.
This was a lot for just a comment. Sorry! Hope this helps though!
If you're interested in gaming, follow check out my blog! gamingandnerdery.blogspot.com
I always have trouble keeping my eating in line. Good job with yours. I'll bet that upping the amount cardio you're doing from 10 to 30 to 60 minutes will bring results.
ReplyDeleteMy diet consists of one massive feast...then feeling so bad the next day I cant eat. Haha
ReplyDeleteFollowing+
http://upanduppers.blogspot.com/
I think running is the hardest part for me, ran a lot in high school and it messed up my knees so now it is really easy to overdo it and get hurt.
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like you are doing great! Aside from being like, the perfect weight already. LOL. For protein, have you tried Optimum Nutrition Protien Shakes? They apparently have TONS of flavors and you can quench your sweet tooth with that perhaps. They are expensive though.
ReplyDeleteBut yes, kudos to you! I wish you could just do the dieting and calorie-counting for me. That's the hardest part. I love food. :D
You picked some great food for your diet. Good fiber and energy intake! Lots of what you picked are my favorite, especially the oatmeal and grapefruit. I use to have an orange and grapefruit tree in my yard till we moved. Was nice to just walkout and grab something from your yard that was good for you. Fresher than stores. Keep up the great work! I say great work as some people it takes some time for you to lose the weight. Sometimes your body has to become accustomed to the new way you eat and what you do. Once it all starts fitting together like a puzzle, you will see results. ALSO one more thing, IF you are working out hard or just working out, you may be losing fat or water, BUT gaining muscle. My friend was mad one time about not losing weight, but he worked out daily. All he did was drop the fat, not lose weight, but keep the weight in muscle.
ReplyDeleteI personally don't keep up with any fitness regime myself, but I don't discard the idea of it. I will do one day, my high metabolism won't help me forever. Loved the post, keep up your fitness regime.
ReplyDeleteAre you trying to gain weight though? You need to put a lot more protein in there, and you really don't want a low carb diet when you're exercising. Carbs are energy and will help you, low carb diet is really for people that have low-activity lifestyles
ReplyDeletewoa! can you also post how to gain weight? haha
ReplyDeleteAnd you probably feel fantastic too, huh? Nice going!
ReplyDeleteHey! It's awesome to see that other people are really into getting and staying fit! Your meal plan sounds really good, and excellent for properly losing weight. I think if you can maintain a great diet, even coupled with minimal exercise you will see good results! If going to the gym is an issue for you, look into some home workouts. They can be found online for cheap or free even, and if you have a little cash to spend for a great cause (Your healthy lifestyle) beachbody.com has a lot of great training programs designed for everyone that help with nutrition and exercise. They are the ones who did P90X and Insanity which are all over t.v. Check into it!
ReplyDeletewow! very interesting stuff you have!
ReplyDelete+followed
Sounds like an awesome diet plan, but it doesn't seem like a fun one. What I do to lose weight is eat whatever I please, but I just do lots of running, jogging, swimming, bike riding, skateboarding, etc. You don't have to stop eating what you like, just reduce the amount and dont eat past 7pm. I use to weigh 235 now I weigh 183 and I haven't stopped doing the same thing ever since I last started last summer, what i do say stop eating is things such as soda, chips, candy, things of that sort and less fast foods.
ReplyDelete1000+ followers? you crazy bro
ReplyDeleteGood work
ReplyDeleteGood post but no use for me... My doc says m under weight. Last time I wen for a blood donation camp, they refused to take my blood coz I was Underweight.... :(
ReplyDeleteHi,thanks for visiting my blog. Good luck and keep it up. Hit you back :)
ReplyDeletei found while exploring the awesome sandy areas of the middle east that if you find a somewhat small loop in the area to run that has potential to be expanded by small amounts you can run that then add a little here and a little there and before you know it 200 miles a day! well maybe not 200 but you get the drift
ReplyDeleteOatmeal for breakfast? I'm hungry now!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could afford to eat enough to get into weight training mode :P
ReplyDeleteWow, I'd love to be on that sort of healthy diet!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with it.
Pay me a visit at
Duncan In Kuantan
nice blog +follow
ReplyDeleteGood luck with this mate, takes a lot of dedication! I'm sure you'll be fine though, be sure to keep us posted :)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are doing a good job just try not to get too concerned with your weight as far as the number goes. Instead, track your progress with pictures taken every week, make notes about your performance in the gym like how much distance was covered/duration of workout/amount of reps/whatever you can track really. Also, just make a note of how you feel on average from time to time. That way you have plenty of types of feedback to let you know you're on the right path. You may be 120 two weeks or 2 years from now and it won't mean that you haven't made huge progress in fitness. Stay motivated and you'll reach your goals. Followed :)
ReplyDeleteAlmost no junk and sweets? Well best of luck to you cause I would never make it.
ReplyDeleteI'm also on a diet but not as strict. My diet is quite stupid actually but it works on me. Just one meal per day. I know it's very wrong. Keep it up and let's be fit and expose our fitness at the beach this summer.
ReplyDeleteman, if I could eat that healthy I so would! I would have to spend ALL DAY sunday preparing small meals to take with me everywhere. Otherwise I have NO time to eat that healthy. I still get the Salad at the fast food place, but really... their chicken is probably made of sugar. LOL
ReplyDeleteI've recently started weight training on top of my 5 day martial arts lesson. And I love that you are doing this for yourself! It's such a good thing to do and will always make you feel better in the end.
ReplyDelete