Hey guys!
Just got home from the Vancouver 125 festival, a celebration of Vancouver's 125th anniversary. It's a neat gathering with tons of stuff to see and do, lasting only July 8, 9, and 10. I recommend you guys to check it out if you're in the area or visiting. It's in Stanley Park, but you best take either the free shuttle service that runs from Waterfront Station, or the #19 Stanley Park bus. So it's in a quiet, remote place but is very handily accessible.
You can check out the event schedule here:
http://www.celebratevancouver125.ca/2011/06/summer-live-in-stanley-park-event-schedule/
There's a bunch of onsite activities to do during the day, and by the sounds of it they're pretty fun (I didn't go during the day so I wouldn't know). Starting around 5:00pm, different bands start to play at the two outdoor stages. Tonight's performances I saw included Mother Mother (admittedly, don't know them that much) and Kyprios. If you stay that late though, remember to bring a blanket or lawn chairs to sit on, and perhaps a jacket/blanket to cozy up in - it gets pretty cold around 8:00pm!
There's only two days left of the festival, and I'll be there tomorrow afternoon so see ya all there!
I've wanted to visit Vancouver for quite some time. Seems like such a happening city
ReplyDeleteI wasn't planning to go to Vancouver after seeing the riots following the Stanley Cup finals, but I may just have to check this out
ReplyDeleteHowz the diet going?
ReplyDeleteVancouver is beautiful
ReplyDeletelovely, keep it up
ReplyDeleteI really want to get out to Vancouver one day, been considering looking into graduate schools out there.
ReplyDeleteNice post, I like your blog!
ReplyDelete125? Not bad, not bad...
ReplyDelete(Puts on smug grin thinking about his own town being over 1000 years old.)
wow awesome! gonna visit vancouver soon. anyway nice post
ReplyDelete+follow :)
Sounds like fun.
ReplyDeleteMakes me wish I was back in college. I bet it's beautiful up there! +1 follow, hit me up friend! http://cryptozen.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteIt's nice event for the weekend.
ReplyDeletei've been to stanley park!
ReplyDeleteWish I could come man!
ReplyDeleteI'm follower No. 1000. Do I win something?
ReplyDeleteim 1000th follower!
ReplyDeletei visited the stanley park once, but more to come i guess!
+_1
Sounds like fun actually. You prob dont care, but today is Argentinas independence 195th anniversary too. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good time.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Vancouver!
ReplyDeletedang, I wish I was in the area, because I would go just for the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra; by any chance do you know what they're playing, op?
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like fun. Happy birthday Vancouver!
ReplyDelete+Followed
I bet that stuff is crazy.
ReplyDeleteHow can you have more then one band playing at a time? so weird.
ReplyDeleteYou should take some pictures! Sounds like a good time.
ReplyDeleteI live in Vancouver! ♥
ReplyDeleteNice job Canada- Vancouver in particular
ReplyDeleteAnother reason I want to visit Vancouver. I bored out of my mind here in Toronto.
ReplyDeletevancouver is beautiful, i haven't been there in quite a while
ReplyDeleteNice, good to see that the riot didn't affect a real celebration. I like Vancouver and went there before, it's beautiful. Have Fun At The Festivities.
ReplyDeletesounds like a blast!
ReplyDeleteNot my scene.
ReplyDeleteHow many people live there?
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I haven't been to Vancouver yet. Hopefully I'll be going there by the end of this summer. Following you back!!! :)
ReplyDeleteNice blog, followed, learn to play guitar here
ReplyDeletehttp://nobodyshome-guitarlessons.blogspot.com/
sounds pretty fun. Have a nice time!!
ReplyDeletehttp://thebasementx.blogspot.com/
hope it was fun.
ReplyDeletesounds like
ReplyDeletepurchasing Tramadol online here
Soma capsules there