Thursday, 7 April 2011

Think i'm becoming bipolar.

Oh man, I've been cooped up all day indoors cramming away for three back-to-back exams next week and I think I'm showing symptoms of bipolar disorder...

Quick search of bipolar symptoms on google reveals that during the manic phase of bipolar disorder, one exhibits such signs and symptoms:

Feeling unusually high and optimistic or extremely irritable
Yup, I've been feeling terrible and biting everyone around me one second... Then jumping around on a crazed energy high euphora the next. Gulping down freaking energy drinks by the galloon.

Unrealistic, grandiose beliefs about one's abilities or powers
Seriously? I think that it's possible to even get a passing mark on all three exams. If that's not an unrealistic belief, I don't know what is.

Sleeping very little, but feeling extremely energetic
Haven't slept a wink.... And I'm still bouncing up the walls from the inactivity. That could be from the caffeine though.

Talking so rapidly that others can't keep up
Hmmmmthisoneisnttrueidontthinkbecauseithinkimtalkingrelativelyslowlystillrightamiaminoproblemshererightthisisntasymptomimexhibitingyes?

Racing thoughts; jumping quickly from one idea to the next
My brain is just a flurry right now! Can't seem to keep my mind on one idea.

Highly distractable, unable to concentrate
Oh yeah, no doubt about this one. It also explains why I'm on here blogging right now. In fact, I have so little concen-

Delusions and hallucinations
Well.. No, not quite yet, but this would be cool =).

So there you have it guys, I am currently exhibiting almost all signs and symptoms of the manic phase of bipolar disorder. Heightened energy, creativity, euphoria... You name it. Gonna go cry to myself now.

49 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should see someone who could diagnose you? It sounds like you might be getting it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds more to me like pre-exam stress. I've got a friend like you who locks herself away for a week without contact before exams. Though if you're serious then perhaps you should maybe get checked out if it's becoming a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are time requirements on symptoms like that for an actual diagnosis. For one, you can't be diagnosed with the disorder unless you've also experienced a prolonged major depressive episode in addition to the manic episode. It's not really at ally typical for someone to just have manic episodes. For two, you aren't diagnosed with a disorder until the symptoms become pathological and start fucking up your shit. You're prolly just having a period of stress, nervousness and hyperactivity.

    So don't add psychological disorder to your list of worries ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that... however, seems pretty cool to have hallucinations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that everyone's a little bipolar

    ReplyDelete
  6. what he said ..
    (above me)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they should call bipolar the sumperman syndrome. Its not a laughing matter all the same. Get it checked out if you are worried.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!!!

    I like posting from this morning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You say how you're going from lows to energy-filled highs then say you gulp down energy drinks.
    You explained the reason in the same sentence as your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think everyone experiences most of these things from time to time, so probably nothing to worry about.

    It's a shame you're missing out on the best symptom of hallucinations though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. don't say that hallucinations would be cool. many peaople want to get rid of them cause they can't normally live when don't know what is real...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like normal student behaviour to me. They can't all be bi-polar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. well
    i become bi-winning :3

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a good thing, actually. The only benefit of labeling it a disorder and seeking help is the moment it begins to interfere with your daily life.
    If it doesn't, it's fine.
    Bi-winning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wouldn't worry too much unless it begins to effect your relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I hope you find yourself out of this one, and do well on those exams!

    ReplyDelete
  17. dont be bipolar. be bi winning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Coming from another overworked and overstressed college student. I believe this is a perfectly normal way to be feeling!

    Relax a little bit! Try some yoga?

    Don't forget to come visit moby!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yeah, so glad I'm out of school.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lot of women exhibit bipolar behavior. It's nature, baby!
    Followed

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol @james.. and i think everyone is bipolar for a little bit

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're missing the most interesting part! Hallucinations!

    Seriously, get better =D

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Gulping down freaking energy drinks by the galloon."

    Well, there's your problem.

    Try an apple or two, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  24. you're probably all right. bipolar usually sticks around for years. sounds like youre just stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree with Jason, I think your just stressed with all the studying. Take a short break and continue later.

    ReplyDelete
  26. well,thats kinda ok,u gotta take a break though lol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Go to a doctor, but its probably just a short thing, hopefully

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lol, chill man, it's just the stress getting to you. You're not bipolar. If you were, it would be more temporally persistent. Not to mention your symptoms are likely due to other things.

    Your insomnia + highs + racing mouth/hyperactivity are likely due to the caffeine intake.

    Your grandiose beliefs are not so grand. It's entirely possible to pass, even excel on three tests on the same day.

    Youhave nothing to worry about :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm sure that kind of stress from tests will do that to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  30. it could definitely be a posibility, go see a physician

    ReplyDelete
  31. Many of those symptoms can also come from a lack of proper nutrition, examine your diet always before jumping to neurological conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sounds more like you're just stresssssed!! After the exams you'll probably feel better :-). If not, gotta check yourself out.

    ReplyDelete
  33. You don't just get bi polar disorder dude...

    ReplyDelete
  34. "Gulping down freaking energy drinks by the galloon."

    yea, stop that.

    ReplyDelete
  35. My girlfriend is bipolar, sometimes it can be difficult...

    The truth is, the person that she is when she is "normal" is absolutely amazing. She's wonderful to be around. Of course, when she has her highs it's great too (who wouldn't want to be around a beautiful euphoric girl?)

    But when she has her lows, I just think about the person she really is. I realize that I love her so much that I am totally willing to tough it out through the lows and be there for her, because the normal/high periods are just so great.

    I guess you could say that I'm willing to cope with the occasional low just to be near her when she's normal haha

    ReplyDelete
  36. You probably don't have bipolar disorder, but if it continues after your exams are over, you should see someone about that.

    ReplyDelete
  37. all the coolest people are a little bi-polar

    ReplyDelete
  38. dont be bi-polar, be bi-winning

    ReplyDelete
  39. I thought you were born bi-polar.

    ReplyDelete
  40. ahh! goo luck anyways ;)

    ReplyDelete
  41. bi polars a fun disease. look at charlie sheen
    following ohsweetcutlets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm going to jump on the bi-winning bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar amungst other illnesses. Granted, when anyone reads the symptoms of Bipolar, almost eveyone feels they could have it. That goes for many mental disorders. The thing is, eveyone has natural highs and lows. We all have some signs of the different symptoms the DSM desribes in accordance with certain mental illnesses. The thing you need tho remember is that when they are asking the questions, you need to add to the end of each one..."to the point where it had always affected my life negatively." Bipolar is one of the most common mis-diagnosed illnesses b/c we all have ups and downs. The are many things you need to take into consideration. One thing that I noticed is that most people don't fully understand the questions. For instance; The question about "unrealistic, grandiose beliefs about one's ability ot powers". From experience I know that this means that people believe they are the second coming of Christ, or they are here to save the world, or they are "special" in a way that no one else is. It is like they truly believe they have special powers. I know that life experiences and drugs abuse can show many of the same symptoms of Bipolar and othe disorders. But for all I know you were being humorous which I can totally relate to. I too feel crazy when I'm under tremendous stress. B/c of the other comments, I decided to let u know what I know about the illness. I am no doctor, but unless these symptoms have affected your life for a long period of time, even when life seems to be going just fine, then Yes you should get checked out. Personally, I believe that everyone can benefit from talking to a therapist or psychologist. It really helps to get everything out to someone that isn't directly involved in your life. They give you un-biased advise and are great listeners...yeah it's true that we are paying them to do so, but hey, it's better than talking to someone in your life that can't or won't understand, and that may use it against u, Lets face it,people can be cruel and self-centered. Anyway, Remind yourself how lucky your are to bein college. Not everyone is given that chance. Also you should be proud of yourself. College is hard no matter what anyone says. Plus talking to teachers one on one frequently gets them to know u on a personal basis and they are totally willing to help u out. Even give you extensions if there is just too much being thrown at u. Sorry so long, but this is something I have done tons of research on. I know that positive affirmations can help u feel better and achieve what u want more efficiently. Also, Some days are just not meant to go smooth. Stay strong. You are doing something to be crazy proud of. Also, if you ever wanna talk, about ANYTHING, I have been through a lot and I am a good listener and have been known to help people see the best in the worst situations. Hit me Up anytime. I will continue Following you as well. Stay strong. Us women need to stick together. Fuck the catty bullshit. = ) YOu are becoming a strong, idependant, educated woman, or if you already are, then you are proving that we never should stop learning and striving to be our best. I admire You and am happy to see another woman who shows the good sides of our sex. Break the Mold Girl! Good Luck, Stay Strong....

    ReplyDelete
  44. having some bipolar symptoms doest not yet make you bipolar, but I think you know that already. One the other hand it is not something to brush off easy. If you continue to feel unwell, id suggest you go seek professional help!

    ReplyDelete
  45. uh oh, keep an eye on it yo, maybe me too brotha :P :P

    Followin/supportin.

    Limitfears.blogspot.com
    +
    wordslol.blogspot.com

    if you'd like to check me back :D

    ReplyDelete