Thursday, 7 April 2011

Statistics

So my first exam coming up next week is Business Statistics. Statistically speaking, I'm gonna fail!

I just can't get a grasp on how to read the statistical analysis computer printout from the statistical analysis softwares. ANOVA or something like that? They basically give you a table with a bunch of numbers (coefficients, standard error, t-test, p-value) and you have to interpret them. Damned if I know how to do that.

Just now I spent 2 hours working out what the difference between lurking variable and confounding variables are... Even wiki says they're the same! Argh. Then came the gruellingly devilish Experimental Design section. Basically, factors are separated into levels of which different combinations are combined in a treatment. These are then controlled by the levels and factor, and replicated to repeat observations at each treatment. Some subjects are blocked for the factors that might affect response but are uncontrollable. This is called the blocking factor but their levels are called blocks.

You all already know what image is coming up next...

If anyone can tutor me in stats over the internet, please, please drop me a message.

60 comments:

  1. Good luck! I failed statistics myself, it's really hard :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, I hate statistics, good luck with the exam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. Don't say to yourself that you are going to fail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confounding variables are the ones confusing you... simple! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL ANOVA.... I refuse to remember anything connected to statistics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll do fine!!!
    Just don't try cram so much knowledge in at one time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could help. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish you luck. Statistic is comming up next year for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you're gonna make it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good job, study and be lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. statistics were never my thing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I could help. Good luck! Hope all the answers seem obvious. Remember, go with your heart / first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't help, but best of luck. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LoL I had statistic yesterday. I fucked up my exam:( I suck at it, t-test chi square and interpreting spss outputs:(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck, hope you can figure it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel for you, I was offered statistics on top of the course I was already doing because of my high math scores.

    It's easy one you get the hang of it, but is still one of the most boring and tedious things you weill ever do in your life. Guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ^^^^^^

    Shame I didn't do a 'Pay attention to the letters you are actually typing' course :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. This makes my brain pain come back :P

    Come look at my fishy tanks new add-ons.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a few friends in stats. The exams are brutal apparently. I wish I could help, but I got my own troubles with physics lol. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pinging my friend who can do this. As long as you have a good webcam, I don't see why you can't be tutored over the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. At least the variables are honest about how confusing they'll be.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm studying business myself. Not looking forward to that class :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everyone thinks they are going to do worse than they actually do.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck on your exam next week, studying early is the key to passing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. fuck i'm going for a business major as well... not enjoying the process as much as i'd hoped

    ReplyDelete
  26. nice blog:) +followed, also good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Whew, I'm just glad that im past statistics. Good luck, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Statistically speaking, you are likely to get an average grade.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wish I could help but I haven't got a fucking clue.

    ReplyDelete
  30. have you checked with google

    ReplyDelete
  31. I do not like this class at all. I'm good at intermediate accounting practices and analytical probability, so I thought I'd like statistics. Boy was I wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  32. jokes on you - i only took intro math and im done

    ReplyDelete
  33. lol i cant help you there... my brain is full of fuck aswell

    ReplyDelete
  34. ...maths. Never my strong point (which is pretty bad as an aspiring physicist). Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I hope you find the help you need. It's out of my league for sure. Btw, i'm nearly at my first paycheck! Keep $upporting!

    ReplyDelete
  36. You can do it man, good luck! Statistics may be hard at first but you'll figure them out

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lol yeah that's about right.

    ReplyDelete
  38. best of luck! that jackie chan graphic made me lol :)

    Holden @ SUGARbijoux

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wish i could help you, im no good, but good luck

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really hate statistics.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I actually regret that my university plan didn't include statistics. Maybe I'll try to learn them on my own, just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Damn, Good luck with that seems like pain.

    ReplyDelete
  43. good look with the exams, my brain is also full of things i dont understand!! (ingeneering)

    ReplyDelete
  44. unfortunately i can't help you there, but good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  45. statistics are easy, you just need to learn the formula and study some time.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Sorry.
    I'm 12 years old and i don't understand Buissnes Stastics

    ReplyDelete
  47. my braaiin

    ReplyDelete
  48. My brain feels fried just reading that. lol well good luck with the exam!

    ReplyDelete
  49. But who was phone?

    ReplyDelete
  50. I actually took Stats and managed to barely scrape an A-, but now I've effectively expelled all memory of that class from my brain. I blame the trauma.

    ReplyDelete
  51. The khan academy has free video lectures on statistics - http://www.khanacademy.org/

    ReplyDelete
  52. Aw crap, I'm going to be learning this soon. About to start a BS in Economics, and I am not looking forward to the statistical part.

    ReplyDelete
  53. The answer is very simple, drop the class and never look back.

    ReplyDelete