Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Done Exams!

Yay I'm done, I'm done and I'm as free as a bird! Now I can really enjoy my summer. Man there were some pretty nice weather over the last few weeks that I was stuck in a classroom studying. But now's the chance to go out and enjoy it!

My last exam was Management Information Systems, and I can say that it was probably the worst out of all 5 I wrote. Definitely not a good way to end the year. I'm not sure if a lot of people out there know what Management Information Systems are, so I'd like to share with you guys today.

The course basically talks about IT management software; using different technology to run a business. First it explained how to analyze the company based on threats and opportunities, then how to identify their competitive advantage and business strategy, but all that is pretty routine I think.

After that it introduces the business management software, and the types of software are endless. If you guys want, I can explain some of them which are all kind of neat (there are really cool accompanying class videos he showed us too). In the business management software side, we start talking about how we can specifically pick IT that will directly benefit our competitive advantage and our main value proposition/business strategy (which is sorta like a vision statement, but more focused).

Then it talks about how the data would be gathered, and who would use the data. Also what levels of management need the information: operational, managerial, strategic.

I probably make it sound more bland than it actually is... But it's cool! We learnt about ubiquitous computing (mobile, laptops, RFID, basically computing on-the-go), Amazon's recommendation agent (bet you didn't even realize it was there!) and Document Management System (it's more than just a scanner and folder).

Let me know if you guys wanna know more about any of these business systems, I'd be happy to write about it =).

70 comments:

  1. lucky!!! i have a week left until i'm done! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't you done enough writing about them for now? Being done with exams is a good feeling, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Enjoy your summer!

    We've been having crappy cold weather here lately. Spring hasn't even arrived yet :\

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have one exam. But I have another month to wait for it. Better start studying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo, summer! No more crummy IT work until next semester.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well I'm ok with it and wanna know more and good job with those exams enjoy the summer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I see the letters "RFID", I twitch. Awesome technology, but most of the practical uses that companies and governments have come up with for it are terrifying from a personal rights and privacy standpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a good summer!.. I still have one more :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My semester just started...and I won't have much of this summer because I'll have to do chemistry lab courses -.-

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to read more about this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this sounds way too smart for me, nevertheless a lot of these systems sound very useful. Im not big on technology running a business, I prefer sun tzus art of war.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats, what a relief

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew when all my stress pimples disappeared after finals week, I was home free! Don't miss college one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky girl!!
    But if you want really to enjoy your summer come in Greece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats! now go out and have some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratz... my whole working life is Management Information Systems... we've just implemented a new bulk scanning solution that digitises personnel files and links them into Oracle... you right bland lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats! Summer is just around the corner :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on finishing your exams, my last exam is tomorrow, so I been study a lot lately!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey congrats now that your free, take a break and mellow out. Vacations maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lucky!! And your summer starts right now, so so early.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice weather? It's way too hot here for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm going to be taking that class myself in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lucky you, I'm still studying!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's awesome, congrats

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, I can't believe you are done already! We finish in mid-early May :/ I wouldn't mind reading about RFID

    ReplyDelete
  27. nice! enjoy your time off~

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's interesting, I was thinking about getting into IT myself.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lucky...! mine are about to start :( You know how the end semesters are, gross... :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. Usul, tell me of your business systems!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jeez, your already done with exams? Lucky. Also, that course does sound pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  32. yay! now post dem titties. i mean congrats on the good job of finishing :D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, you're done early. Congrats and enjoy the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congrats I'm sure you did great

    ReplyDelete
  35. Woo! Time for a celebratory pound on the head

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great job! I've still got a little ways to go, then we'll both be partying

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love that feeling after you're done with all your exams... It's like a Saturday with no pants.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Shame to see you didn't do too well in the exam but the subject seems pretty cool. I'd like to see some more information on these things :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations! Anyone who can use the word "ubiquitous" in a sentence has my vote for queen of the literary world.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Must be nice to be done. I got one week left. Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Yep, you said it management are useless, no exceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  42. congratulations, enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ah exams, I hate em!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Bet it feels good to get that stuff over with.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Were heading into winter here, great blog will be following.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Summer has started here to... Still have to finish two games tho. :(

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hopefully you got the grades you need.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I for one would like to know more about what you have to say about this type of software.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Yay!! your done with your exams!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Very nice! Glad it turned out well. Time to party! :P

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hope you don't end up like I did when I was working on my MBA - I'd get a break like u got and end up having a feeling there was something I should be doing, but wasn't! :)

    If u would like to get involved in a discussion of the economy and how greed and corruption plays a big part, drop over and visit the redbird at: http://sexyweddingphotos@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Have a nice summer, I have to go to college for 10 more weeks and after that my holiday is beginning:( I am jalous.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Congrats! hope you pass them all

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow, I wish I studied IT.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Enjoy the summer, following, as interested in how you spend your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  56. enjoy your free time, my semester just started :(

    ReplyDelete
  57. congrats on finishing your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Congratulations! Enjoy your freedom!

    ReplyDelete
  59. congrats on finishing your exams. must feel nice!

    ReplyDelete
  60. i'm not too familiar with information systems, do you know how the data is stored/edited? or is it not really important?

    ReplyDelete
  61. Congrats, enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Glad your done with your exams! Enjoy your summer! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete