Saturday, 16 April 2011

Security Cameras

For the Vancouverites out there who take the bus,
Does anyone notice the Security Cameras that are on some of them??

I mean, I very rarely look up at the ceiling on the bus, but when I did, I realized that big black bulbous thing is actually the black bulletproof encasing of the security camera, as found in many stores and casinos even.

You're being watched!

42 comments:

  1. They are everywhere over here too. Quite a good thing in my job, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont think its a big deal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you are being watched, its more like if something bad happens on the bus they can go look back on the recording.

    ReplyDelete
  4. probably just there to have video evidence of any reported criminal activity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who exactly monitors them? The driver or like a person in a room full of small televisions looking at each one. But I guess they are just there so that if anything bad happens, there is evidence of what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought all buses had cameras

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't really use buses. Never even thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are always being watch in a city.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brb mooning the cameras

    ReplyDelete
  10. Buses here here have a sign in the back saying there might be a camera.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Bahn in Berlin have cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yuhuh, they're on buses where I am too. I know, to an extent, they're there for safety but I still can't help but feel unnerved by them

    ReplyDelete
  13. shhh! you're not supposed to know that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They're everywhere in my city!

    ReplyDelete
  15. they are also here in ontario. It is to protect the bus drivers apparently from getting punched in the face etc.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have those on these dart trains down in texas

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think they like to record the people flying around during the occasional car crash.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Big Brother is out there - it's just a good thing that most governments are too incompetent to realise what power they now have

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's not exactly a new concept.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Guess cameras serve a good purpose as long as not to much reliance is placed on them - technology can and will malfunction.

    ReplyDelete
  21. yeah! gotta watch your back bro! Big Brother is gonna get you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. they are always watching...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't like how security cameras always seem to be in areas that are private!

    Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. We have the same stuff here in Toronto.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gotta watch the sexual assaults

    ReplyDelete
  26. big brother is watching
    better behave!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here in NL are also security cameras in the busses. I dont have a problem with them. But security cameras dont provide security, they only record things that happen. Also, women feel more often that they are being watched.

    ReplyDelete
  28. @t Jellybro:
    Yup, their there "to have video evidence of any reported criminal activity"

    ReplyDelete
  29. yeah here in california they record both video and audio

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glad I don't live in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can't recall ever being on a bus that doesn't have a camera at the front.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow that is pretty creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. well, if you have nothing to hide...

    ReplyDelete
  34. Since 6 months, most of the busses have 3 cameras in my town.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yep cameras showing up every where these days, and people screwing up and acting stupid is giving them more and more excuses that we "need" them for our safety reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm sure those cameras have seen things...seen things man

    ReplyDelete
  37. The bulletproof domes also allow companies to install look-alikes that don't actually have cameras inside as a form of visible deterrent

    ReplyDelete
  38. How I hate them. as I'm not paranoid enough.

    ReplyDelete
  39. i dont hate them becuase i dont find a reason to not want them unless youre trying something fishy.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'm pretty sure they're used for court cases so that bus companies can minimize their liabilities. Other than that, they can be used for investigations and stuff.

    ReplyDelete