Wow, it definitely sucks to hear so many of you guys with bad credit card experiences!
So anyway, I was sitting in MIS class today chatting with a friend of mine on Google, when the topic came up about Laser Hair Removal. She basically told me that he's interested in getting laser hair removal therapy. Now I know what you all are thinking - "What the hell, laser hair removal? Does that even flipping work?"
She wants to get it done on her... erm pubic region, and without getting too graphic here, it's not even anything bad to be honest. The whole point of her getting laser hair removal was to avoid having to shave all the time and yada yada.
From what I understand, Laser Hair Removal takes many many sessions and because of the time between treatments, can actually be a fairly drawn out process. To me this sounds like a huge money grab... Especially since these places charge per treatment.
At this point, I'm just trying to find ways to convince her otherwise because of the potential side effects... Skin cancer, rash, abrasive dermatological hypersensitivity (okay I admit I knew nothing about this stuff so I had to make it up). But still! A quick search on the web revealed that you would expect all of the easily foreseeable side effects.
Anyway, I'm still trying to convince her out of it, and get her to just shave her pubes regularly like everyone else does. It's a bit embarrassing, really (it's a girl thing I guess). SO anyone out there with experience doing laser hair removal surgery? Perhaps some good reasons why she shouldn't do it?
...Or even convince me otherwise that it's a safe procedure and worth the effort/money!
My wife gets it done, at first I thought it was going to be like a big machine thing but it turns out it's just this tiny clicking handheld device.
ReplyDeleteI think the session thing is more about how much pain you can take as well as the size of the area being lasered (kind of like a tattoo), because my wife had her 'pubic region' done in one sitting.
Overall I'd say it was worth it.
Seems like it would remove a lot of hassle. However you confused me a bit in one sentence with: "She basically told me that *he's* interested in..." you may want to fix that.
ReplyDeleteI would love to get some of that done...beats shaving my legs every 2 days.
ReplyDeletehmmm....i can see it now....
ReplyDeletenever heard of it .. seems interesting
ReplyDeletenice post, never heard of it before!
ReplyDeletedo it the traditional way and wax!
ReplyDeleteLasers these days, fixing your eyes. Removing your hair. Gotta love technology. You should totally convince her.
ReplyDeleteThere are risks involved to such things... But then again I can imagine having to shave that often also ain't cool... Hmmm, lucky to be a dude :p
ReplyDeleteI've heard of this. I'd rather shave than have it all permanently removed because one day i might want to stop shaving. eh.
ReplyDeleteIt's a good idea, but...awkward subject. Hope you figure it out for the rest of us bros. Btw, i'm looking for $upport.
ReplyDeleteI can totally sympathize with your friend, shaving sucks totally. BUT I've discovered the wonders of hair removal cream, never have to worry about razor burn again and it lasts longer than shaving. If I had the money/chance for laser therapy though I would do it. I would also do it for my legs!
ReplyDeleteI've got a hairy gorilla back that could use some laser hair removal. Either that or a lawnmower. :)
ReplyDeleteI want to get his done on my neck! I hate shaving and getting ingrown hairs :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post.
Come see my new fishy tank, I'm all moved in.
I looked into it before, and decided against it based on some of the stuff I read. I'll stick to shaving for now
ReplyDeleteAs a male I can't really step into this conversation, but I'd say just keep shaving. But if she really doesn't want to then she should weigh up the options and make her own conclusions.
ReplyDeletewhy would someone want to remove there hair?
ReplyDeleteOffer to shave for her; maybe that'll convince her not to do it.
ReplyDeleteIn theory, the money goes toward reducing the amount of effort spent in the long run, but it sounds like kind of a luxury treatment to me.
ReplyDeleteI'd advise her to shop around for some different hair removal sites.
ReplyDeletei would never advise to get this, keep your hair follicles where they were meant to be... unless you've got a massive bush
ReplyDeleteive heard this is the best treatment for it, if you got the money then go get it. its the best; if its a struggle to pay for then save. simple
ReplyDeleteinteresant
ReplyDeleteSounds like it sucks major butt to get this done, and it really does sound like a get rich quick type thing.
ReplyDeletewould be so usefull for some peeps
ReplyDeleteindeed it would be :)
ReplyDeletei want more hair instead of removing it :D
ReplyDeleteNot to convince anyone either way, but I saw an infomercial selling a device that you use to give yourself the laser hair removal thing. Might be cheaper. Probably comes with any of the normal side effects with such treatment.
ReplyDeleteNEAT!
ReplyDeleteIs it permanent? I'd be careful if it is
ReplyDeleteWhat is the cost per session in the US?
ReplyDeleteIt is not premanent. It just grows back like when hair was not existant in the first place.
ReplyDeletethink about it this way. lets say your friend is 25. should she have to shave every day til she dies or can she kill it all at once and never worry about razor burn, cuts, or the costs of the razors themselves. i'd let her do it as long as she wont go into debt with it.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure the benefits outweigh the costs.
ReplyDeletei dont trust lasers very much, but i think its better than razors.
ReplyDeleteeh anything with lasers just scare me a little...i guess its from watchin Star Wars so many times that when i read laser i immediately think of light sabers lol
ReplyDeletehaha, light saber hair removal would be something...
ReplyDeleteI've never had it done, and the idea makes me a little apprehensive, but if someone hates having their hair that much I'd say go for it. Shaving is a pain.
ReplyDeleteI know some people that are considering it. I don't think they've gone through with it yet. Also, returning your help.
ReplyDeletewhats wrong with waxing?
ReplyDeleteshaving is much better then an expensive laser treatment
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately this is something I've never had any experience with, though it does seem quite excessive.
ReplyDeleteWouldn't the cost of razors over a life time work out to be more than a session or two of laser hair removal?
ReplyDeleteDont do it.. it isnt sexy to have no hair at al down there, all the time.. she will look like a child..
ReplyDeletebut on her legs and around hear mouth she can do it..
Absolutly no hair on the pubes? Definatly not nice :( Try to convince her to keep shaving or waxing.
ReplyDeleteNot a fan of shaving honestly (I still do it) but if there is a easier way out, im all for it!! lol
ReplyDeleteI like my hairs I won't remove them by laser ! It may hurs ;(
ReplyDeleteshave!
ReplyDeleteMy ex girlfriend had this done, it was pretty cool lol.
ReplyDeleteI don't think its worth the money for laser hair removal unless you just have cash to spend. As long as it isn't a bush or stubble its fine with me. And let's be serious, I'm not gonna turn it down either way. :)
ReplyDeletesomething for a woman yea..
ReplyDeleteAs a lad, I personally don't want the benifits of it... Hahaha!
ReplyDeleteHow much would it cost to laser a battleship or a Superman S into my chest hair?
ReplyDelete~H. Coct
She should do it.
ReplyDeleteLaser hair removal beats every existing hair removal treatment. At first I wasn't very confident, but I was lucky to have one of the best laser hair removal Toronto specialist doing my treatment. Before he explained me how this works, about the permanent and temporary side effects, everything. The treatment went good and now I hope I'll never have to deal with hairy legs:P
ReplyDeletehi unwanted hair is the very big problem. so please visit this site depilação definitiva and solved the that problem...
ReplyDelete