Friday, 1 April 2011

Laser Eye Surgery

Hey guys,
So I will be receiving laser eye surgery over the next few days! I'm probably more enthusiastic about it than I should be, but I have acute myopia and my glasses are thick enough to stop bullets. Soooo, after I get the laser eye surgery (or otherwise known as LASIK) I'll be able to see without any glasses or contacts! Sweet deal!

I looked around for cheap laser eye clinics but unfortunately there's not a lot around this city. As a student I'm a bit tight on cash but I didn't want to go for the cheapest ones because these are my eyes we're dealing with after all... There are definitely more LASIK MD's in the states, but I couldn't afford to fly down just to do this operation.

Anyway, at the hospital/laser eye center, I'll have my laptop with me so I'll keep y'all updated!

55 comments:

  1. Do you have someone to care for you during the (possibly) blinding recovery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the average cost of it anyway? I heard it costs around 25k USD, is that true?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY SHIT!
    Laser Eye Surgery, First of all... How old are you? Human body stops developing at the age of 25 (That's the BRICKWALL.). I've been thinking to go to that surgery too, but will do when i'm 25... Coz it's not good to be an armyman (snipar probably :3) with glasses! U know!!!
    In finland there's some private clinics which does those surgeries.. There was a document about it.. it took about just a day like this: Going there at the morning with glasses and then going home at noon without glasses! It's just amazing!! And it was something like 2 years ago also, so those things have developed imo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow i would love to know hot it is to wake up and see clearly without putting my glasses on

    good luck man

    ReplyDelete
  5. my dad had this before it was a breeze for him i wish you luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nowadays there's no need luck for surgies like this, they would've stopped doing these laser-eye-things long time ago IF they would've failed so hard, u know first laser surgeys were made in late 80s, so it's like 30-year-old thing to do and nowadays there's like 0.5% chance to get blind...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good plan, welcome to the glorious lifestyle of not worrying about glasses or contacts! I've never had them... I might some day though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend of mine did this too, but just because he almost had lost his whole eyesight. It helped him a lot, but it's dangerous too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i wear glasses too! i might consider this in the future...

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow good luck! do you happen to know if after lasik surgery if you can legally perform jobs that demand 20/20 vision like fly a jet or something? i always wanted to fly a plane but am denied because of my nerd-specs :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. holycrap! good luck with the surgery- will be checking in on you regularly

    ReplyDelete
  12. You shouldn't look for cheap eye surgeries, they might be dangerous. Remember to follow me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. good luck. medical science is remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been considering this, so will definitely be checking up on your progress. Don't know that laser eye surgery is necessarily the thing you want to be looking for cheap rates on though - for something like this, the more expensive the better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck! I want to eventually get lasik as well. A little worried about the possible complications, though, such as seeing spots..

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's excellent! Best of luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is awesome. I think it's amazing they can fix eye sight like that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck on the operation! I've had a few friends that have done it also and they've had excellent results with it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I heard it kind of wears off after ten years and you can't get it redone.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A friend of mine did laser. Says it was one of the best things he ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sure everything is going to be fine. I know a lot of people that has gone through that, and they are all happy they did!!! I wish you the best of lucks, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great stuff man, I got it done a few years ago and have been absolutely loving it. Don't even remember what its like to wear glasses or contacts anymore.

    My only piece of advice though would be to maybe not look for whatever the cheapest option is. ESPECIALLY if your eyes are that bad. These are your eyes after all and you don't want just anyone pointing a blazing hot laser at them.

    Just my 2 cents.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck, hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck with your surgery! Hopefully you will join us with no glasses soon, ha

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish you well on your Lasik eye surgery. I've always wanted to do it, too but it's dang expensive for me. Contacts are out for me because my eyes are too sensitive. Thanks for visiting my blog a couple times so far. I'm late in responding to other blogger's blogs these days. Anyway, to make up for it, I put ya on my blogroll. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've been looking to get this surgery for so long. My eyes just keep getting worse and worse. following to check progress!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My brides ask me about this for their eyes all the time, I should point them towards your blog! lol.. personally I'd love to do it myself, you think insurance would chip in on this? Check out my blog sometime.

    http://floridaweddinginformation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good luck. I hope you don't become one of those horror stories where you lose your night vision.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope everything goes as it's supposed to. Good that you didn't go for the cheapest, i wouldn't either.

    ReplyDelete
  30. tell me how it went! i have a pretty weak eyesight too, but since i love to wear glasses as a fashion accessoire - its kind of handy.

    ReplyDelete
  31. hope it works out well

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am too scared of the long term effects

    ReplyDelete
  33. How much does it cost anyways? 30,000$ ?

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's some pretty pricey surgery. Good luck though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. cool - hope all goes well

    ReplyDelete
  36. good luck, that kinda surgery always scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I wear contacts, and I wish I could gather up the courage to try this. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Custom Waveguided LASIK is the only way to go...so I'm told. Getting my eyes zapped this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  39. brave!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  40. good luck! I hope you'll be better afterwards :p

    ReplyDelete
  41. Good luck with this, sounds a bit dangerous

    ReplyDelete
  42. good luck! i dont think i'd get it because i like how my glasses make me look all smart.

    ReplyDelete
  43. How much does this cost? Goodluck with it =)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm new with glasses so, gonna think about this in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  45. PPL with glasses should really do this!

    ReplyDelete
  46. LASIK ALWAYS does permanent damage.

    If its only going to fry the outer rim, it's not permament and can lead to dry eye.

    If it fries deeper, it damages your eye in the sections it cant regenerate and may lead to blindness later in life

    ReplyDelete
  47. I so want lasik since I don't want to risk surviving an apocalypse and not being able to see or read since my glasses would eventually break. The only small problem (huge one really) is that I can't stand anything in, on, or near my eyes. Eye drops freak me out, I couldn't imagine having my eyes clamped open and having some jerkwad scalping open my eyes >.< My friend had it and he said he felt everything and it was torture; but worth it. Between the pain, trauma, and lack of cash, I don't think I'll be having lasik done this year.

    ~H. Coct

    ReplyDelete
  48. Yes, I can understand. I had experienced it. I had did laser eye surgery. It just 5 minute pure timing for operation. I was quite nervous.
    rhinoplasty

    ReplyDelete