Saturday, 9 April 2011

Email Marketing Campaign

Welcome everyone! As you may know, I recently closed down the other blog, PuzzledYet. I felt that I wasn't able to devote enough time to my followers, plus it's tough coming up with puzzles every day to challenge you guys with! So for those of you guys who got redirected from PuzzledYet, welcome to AlphaBetaLife! Here I mostly talk about the going-ons of my life in the University of British Columbia. Hope you enjoy your stay, I appreciate your continued support =).

Today, I'd like to tell you guys about mail chimp... Seriously, this is email marketing made easy! As you guys know, I am involved with the Accounting Club which has over 700 members. This translates to a very long mailing list in order to keep every member updated with the latest news and our weekly newsletter.

For the past year or so I've been in charge of sending this newsletter out, and I've been using mail chimp to maintain the mailing list and mass email. We need to use it because gmail and the likes won't let you send out mass email marketing campaigns.

There are many benefits to using mail chimp. It certainly provides for VERY affordable email marketing, especially for not-for-profit student organizations like ours. Mail chimp describes themselves as an email marketing company, and they basically handle all your email listing needs.

As far as email marketing solutions, mail chimp is a pretty sweet deal. For a list of our size, it's still only around $15 per month (for 500-1000 subscribers) and rest assured it's worth it. They also have some Pay-As-You-Go plans as well. Adding emails to the list is insanely easy, and can be done by copying and pasting straight off an excel document or any list you have.

They offer you some great templates for sending emails, to make them look professional or whatnot. You can build them directly there, or use your own if you have one. It has a bunch of analytics software for you to check how your email campaign is running; testing to increase open rates; inbox inspector; iphone compatibility; facebook integration, and tons more. It's extremely feature risk, and that's only a few I've named.

So yeah, if you guys need a mass emailing solution, I highly recommend mail chimp. Granted, I haven't used any other vendor... But I don't plan to either =)

65 comments:

  1. Thats actually a really smart program, I could see me needing to use this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could be really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a good program, I've though about getting something like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds good, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hrm.. Think I can send mass e-mails withough any extra programs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already followed you here and there as well, so now I will just here I suppose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't this like spam?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an excellent email marketing solution.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems useful, got to write it down in case I happen to need it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou for the post! I've passed this on to my other friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't need it right now, but I'll definitely keep it in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to know . Nice hint bro!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So basically you give them the email to send and they send it out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  14. thats some helpful info, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad that works for you. No use for it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to miss the old blog, but all well. Viva La Alpha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for all the info! Might use it one day :-).
    Followed
    http://ttroton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tip on Mail Chimp. Makes life easier doesnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  19. R.I.P Puzzled :<
    thanks for this tip

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for that nice tip.

    ReplyDelete
  21. that sucks you had to close your other blog but i understand thanks for your advice on the chimp

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love finding programs that work out. good tip

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm gonna miss the old blog :<

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'll make sure to check out Mail Chimp and R.I.P. Puzzledyet :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. Its a shame, that you haven't got time for PuzzledYet too. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have a pretty big mailing list (granted not as big as yours) but Gmail seems to work pretty good for me. But I'll have to check it out, thanks for the information on it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Will help me if i ever worked in a large group lol thanks bro.

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  29. good luck with this blog alone, now.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'll have to keep this one in the back of my head, might be useful, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That was an interesting read, and although your other blog was very interesting, it was the right thing to discontinue it if you feel you can't keep it up properly
    Best of luck with this one!

    Oh and don't forget to remove that link towards your old blog in your header ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Interesting, thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cool, my account got banned once for this

    ReplyDelete
  34. Okay, so now I know how companies can e-mail so many people at once.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I liked your other blog :(

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, I don't get to to see the other blog now? Anyway, it's a bummer that you can't just send it mass through gmail, but it sounds like you found a good provider that isn't expensive. $15 shouldn't be hard to cover with 700+ members.

    ReplyDelete
  37. never heard of mail chimp before, if i ever get into email marketing ill give it a try, thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete
  38. This could be useful.

    ReplyDelete
  39. email marketing? is this a real job?

    ReplyDelete
  40. Yeah, we use Mail Chimp at work, and it works pretty well for all of our thousands of clients.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I don't really like email... its kinda outdated :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. I've always what programs sent out mass emails.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great info. I didn't know about this.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Sounds like a quality marketing program. I'll have to give it a try if I'm ever in the need for such a thing...cause I'm not so much at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Nice tip! Will keep it in mind for my wedding leads.
    Still trying to get my hands around blogging and managing comments, etc.

    sexyweddingphotos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Your university's mail server pribably does not have a limitation on emails sent out at once. You could setup a listserv on an old pc and do this for free. Your uni may even offer a free listserv service, mine does.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I have a massive email list at my workplace...this sounds useful for handling that! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. A forum I administrate has a great mass mailer, but this sounds useful too.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Mail Chimp sounds way better than Thunder Bird or Windows live mail

    ReplyDelete
  50. i barely use email anymore, except for confirmation stuff

    ReplyDelete
  51. Interesting. And wow this has a lot of comments.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I'm going to miss not being able to solve your puzzles :(

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hey, if it cuts down on the amount of work, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  54. Great tip. You are so true at all.

    ReplyDelete
  55. I really appriciate this tip! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi guys,
    This post is very useful and very interesting to read. Really, this post is providing nice information.
    Keep it up!!!!!
    Email Marketing Campaigns

    ReplyDelete
  57. This is a good program but i think the most important thing with mass email campaign is organizing the targeted email list to get maximum benefits .

    ReplyDelete