Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Customer relationship management

When I first saw this video on customer relationship management software, I laughed pretty hard! But if a lemonade stand run by 8 year olds can benefit from CRM, then so can you.

Customer relationship management should always be one of the top priorities of a firm. Everybody should know CRM. On the most basic level, customer relationship management is a company-wide business strategy to solidify customer satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy. The end result is reduced costs and increased profitability.

True CRM brings together information from all data sources within an organization (and, where appropriate, outside the organization) to give a single holistic view of each customer in realtime. This allows customers facing employees in such areas as sales, customer support, and marketing to make quick yet informed decisions on everything from cross-selling and up-selling to target marketing strategies to competitive positioning tactics.

67 comments:

  1. Seems like CRM works, the lemonade stand has hit gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice vid. are you studying that stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always nice to give your employes an advantage when dealing with customers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids should go play to sandbox ;/

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree companies do need good cr but its a double edge sword when they know everything about you ..if you ask me profiling customers is a creepy subject i think consumers privacy should be respected

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolololol, that was funnny xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Work a register at work. I hate customers... well... just the annoying rude never say please/thank you/have a good day. oh well... just gotta suck it up and heap kindness on their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids shouldn't play Videogames...

    ReplyDelete
  9. An interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that getting them into business early!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a joke video ? :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not quite sure if I think this is a good thing or a bad thing. If it's my local shop I guess it's ok and welcome, but then the employees would know me anyways. I don't want my information stored in every store I visit though. But I can definitely see how it helps the business, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. funny video, but good promotion

    ReplyDelete
  14. the video! hahaha i laughed a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Niceee. I could work on this myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to look more into this thank you!

    Please follow my blog!
    katofinance.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  17. amazing, never though about that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha very devious of the kids . . .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Taking notes for these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  20. While competing in hospitality for Collegiate Deca, i realized the importance of customer relations. positive customer relations help generate word of mouth advertising, and gathering data about your customers helps you establish your target market.

    ReplyDelete
  21. "CEO at K&H Lemonade, LTD"
    God, did I laugh? I agree though, customer relation is one of the most important elements when running a business. I know that, being a customer :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. pity our company thinks customers are an inconvenience...

    ReplyDelete
  23. i could use some lemonade right now

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's a good concept, but as technology continues to advance and that average person's grows lazier, this becomes somewhat less of a factor in business

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jessy u r dowm with CRM! yes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pleasing the customer is so important. Displease the customer and in all probability they will go elsewhere. Thanks for a great post. Following.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is why I don't give out personal information. I don't want my humanity being preyed upon.

    ReplyDelete
  28. The only lemonade stands I could ever get working were the simulators. :P

    ReplyDelete
  29. More businesses need to practice CRM, I would be so much more supportive if they actually gave good service, but without CRM, you can't expect customers to come back, right?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Man I totally agree! Swagbucks riles me up hot and bothered style www.swagbucks.com/refer/bucemhard

    ReplyDelete
  31. Any favorite CRM's you use? I've only used Infusion and in my opinion it was crap :D

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's a useful system, but that clip made me lul hard.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I agree that CRM software can be vital to an organziation, but that ad made it look like the usual small business where you know all of your customers by name already. It made the software look redundant and Jr. IT look like a douche.

    Sounds more like a Mac ad. Too bad MS is going that way.

    MS also forgot to mention how you'll know you have a need for CRM software. The ad itself also shows poor return on investment being that the girls clearly knew their customers already.

    At least it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  34. aha, the clip is funny. your blog is interesting, following!

    ReplyDelete
  35. hahaha, welp... this is just great

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great video...I'm pretty bad at management and stuff, but I understood all the things explained XD

    ReplyDelete
  37. well, i do rock in management stuff,great video btw

    ReplyDelete
  38. haha these kids probably make more money than i do with this business

    ReplyDelete
  39. That was an intreasting video. thanks for shareing. a3

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've never heard of CRM, but it makes sense as to why a company would want to pay attention to it. When you treat customers well, it makes a business run better.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Was a pretty good vid.

    ReplyDelete
  42. i don't use anything made from M$ only opensource things.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hm, now I'm thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I heard about Walmart listening to customers and reducing the "crowdedness" of its stores, and they lost sales as a result. So it really does behoove a company to manage and interpret customer feedback very carefully.

    ReplyDelete
  45. they are cute, but the video has a point!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I came back to tell you that I did a little bit more research on CRM. I am sort of looking into starting my own business so I found it to be a particularly interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete
  47. @t Michael:

    yea.. those poor kids missed their whole childhood.. I feel so sorry for them.

    ReplyDelete
  48. They even know where you take your shits.

    ReplyDelete
  49. funny stuff :)
    following !

    ReplyDelete