Woot! The Triple Threat has finally been defused. And I'm proud to report that I believe I did rather well on all three of those exams! Unfortunately, this didn't come without some collateral damage...
One of my friends who were studying with me in my dorm commons was hit pretty hard by the stress of multiple upcoming exams, plus I think he was coming down with a flu recently. Long story short, he couldn't keep his dinner in (we had a pretty large dinner, 3 pizzas between 4 of us plus wings and breadsticks) and puked all over the carpet. Ugh.
So now there's a huge stain in the middle of the floor where my roommates and I watch television. And you know what, we just got the carpets cleaned last month, from another incident. This is ridiculous!
Anyway, I wasn't too pleased with the carpet cleaners that we hired last time. Does anyone know a good carpet cleaning company in the Vancouver area? It has to be cheap of course, we can't afford this stuff otherwise (he's a good friend of mine I didn't hold him accountable for the carpet cleaning costs, though he volunteered). Wet cleaning preferably, dry carpet cleaning I've heard isn't very effective. Let me know if you can recommend!
ah, stained carpets, sounds like college, I just hope it doesn't smell too bad.
ReplyDeleteReminds me of the time a friend of mine puked up his Capt Morgans and Gen Tso's all over a suede couch in a place that I was house sitting. Oops. Glad to hear you did well on your exams.
ReplyDeleteOh man that sucks, the smell just lingers doesn't it :\
ReplyDeleteHowever I've heard salt helps, give that a shot.
That blows chunks, literally. Also, when I was in school, we had neutral vomit looking carpet anyways, might be interesting to look into if this is a common student residence. A heck of a lot cheaper to clean.
ReplyDeleteThat's a bummer. You can always rent those steam cleaners though and re-clean it i guess.
ReplyDeleteI like the post!!!
ReplyDelete$upporting BRO!!
It sucks with the carpet but around here we have areas where you can borrow a machine to clean the carpet yourself, that's probably the cheapest.
ReplyDeleteToo bad about your carpet, I have laminate, so that makes it easier to clean up
ReplyDeleteFollowing you in your new blog! ^^
ReplyDeleteEu! That is so yuk.Hope you find a good cleaner this time :)
ReplyDeletethat is soooo college... ;)
ReplyDeleteThat rug really tied the room together dude
ReplyDeleteHopefully you get your carpet clean soon :)
ReplyDeleteI don't know any carpet cleaners around that area :(, but I hope you find one soon :D
ReplyDeleteDon't take it for 100% But I've heard baking soda can do miracles with carpet stains... Just put some on the stain and let it sit for a while, then wash off with a wet rug...
ReplyDeleteI thought you were just going to say that someone spilled something! Puke is worse!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that the exams, sorry about the carpet though :)
ReplyDeleteThat sucks about the carpet. Hope it doesn't bother you too much.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear your exams went well! Sucks about the carpet. I've had instances like that too, having been a college student and all. And I remember all that pizza too! hehe
ReplyDeleteHere you can get something against stains in stores where you get stuff for your pet. It works rather well. Get an old teethbrush, this thing against stains and some salt to pour over it afterwards. It worked pretty good for me.
ReplyDeleteJust cut out the carpet that was stained and paint the hole to match the rest of the carpet.
ReplyDeleteRent a cleaner. Much cheaper than hiring someone, and you only have to clean one spot anyways.
ReplyDeleteNot about vomit. Ever. The closest I've been to that sort of situation is a friend vomiting in the tent we were all in whilst camping.
ReplyDeleteSo sad for the carpet! HAHA!
ReplyDeletelmfao yeah pizza can do that, one time at the local hockey game i saw some little fat kid scarf down a pizza. 10 mins later he was puking all over the place. me and guys lol'd
ReplyDeleteRenting a cleaner will probably be cheaper than hiring somone
ReplyDeleteAlways keep a bucket nearby
ReplyDeleteI agree with Grafted, renting a good carpet cleaner and doing it yourself would be a better experience (not to mention cheaper) than paying someone to do it.
ReplyDeleteAwesome blog, and congrats on 800 followers! XD
Lucky I have one of those steam cleaners handy for the occasional mess. I can sympathize with the vomit cleaning though, given my dogs like to vomit every now and then too..
ReplyDeleteTough luck i usually rent like a vacuum that throws water with soap and i clean my own carpets but im guessing a pro would get the job done faster and better but i have no idea of prices
ReplyDeleteI fucking despise cleaning carpet, ugh
ReplyDeleteYou can go wet carpet cleaning, and you can rent one from walmart I believe, At least I know you can around where I live. lol
ReplyDeleteMy friend had his carpets cleaned after so many parties but they were still discolored. Nice to see a daily blogger. Following.
ReplyDeletei'm all the way down in texas, so i haven't really used any canadian carpet cleaners :x
ReplyDeleteThe trick is to get the rest of the carpet the same shade of dirty.
ReplyDeleteJust buy yourselves those steam-vacs, they work really well and are way cheaper.
ReplyDeletePuke smell is the woooorsstt! And it stays for so long!! Hope you got it all cleaned up okay!! Cool blog! Followed!
ReplyDeleteThat sucks, you should make the puker pay for it.
ReplyDeleteoh gosh poor carpet!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! Must have been pretty sick! I hate cleaning up stains like that. Sorry I don't have any recommendations for you though...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip.
ReplyDeletenice one. to bad for the carpet though
ReplyDeleteYeah, other commenters have the right of it. Rent a steam cleaner instead of having it done if you have that option.
ReplyDeleteick, good luck getting that cleaned out!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the exams though, let us now the results when you get them!
i love freshy clean carpets
ReplyDeletebeat that carpet!
ReplyDeleteFreshman year, my roommate and i rolled out a carpet over the cold tile of our dorm room...
ReplyDeleteat the end of the year, it got thrown away. There was no saving it haha
good job on those exams, looking forward to future post.
ReplyDeleteWow, that really does suck. I'm sure the roommate feels bad though.
ReplyDeleteWell if the price of a good exam grade is only the smell of puke, then maybe it was SOMEWHAT worthwhile?
ReplyDeleteThe color of it must've been quite interesting.
ReplyDeleteGlad you did well on your exams and I feel bad for your roommate. I hope that stain comes off!
ReplyDeleteI got rid of all my carpets
ReplyDeleteGreat you passed your 3 exams!
ReplyDelete;D
This is why I like tile...
ReplyDeleteCarpet stains are a bitch to clean.I would get rid of my carpets but I love walking barefoot around the apartment,worth the occasional stain.
ReplyDeleteI think this week was exam week. I know people from other schools in my town and everyone seems to have 3 exams this week. I survived mine also, woohoo!
ReplyDeletei prefer wood floors to carpet
ReplyDeleteI can't stand carpet....you can never get it clean!
ReplyDeletei love getting my carpets cleaned they look so new! and i'm not looking forward to my exams
ReplyDeletesounds stressful! hope you make good!!
ReplyDeletehated getting my carpet cleaned, those guys got it all wet and soggy and clean so I had to walk barefoot getting my feet all wrinkly.
ReplyDeletefuck yeah hygiene!
ReplyDeleteYour tests could dance, sing, and act?! :P
ReplyDeleteRugs hide bodily fluids
ReplyDeleteHad something similar. Was chilling at home and a chinaman came in a pissed on my rug.. it really tied the room together..
ReplyDeleteThat sucks bro, hope you can get it cleaned well.
ReplyDelete