Afternoon update:
Thank God it's Friday! Going to have a hella hard weekend... Tons of work to do for the Accounting Club, plus another project due on Monday. But you guys didn't come here to hear me whine about my workload, so I'd like to bring up something new...
Recently, I've been getting a few emails and questions about buying a web domain and registering a web domain. I've set up a few websites for various UBC clubs, most of which involved buying a web domain. So having tried various providers, I'd like to share my experiences with you guys...
Go with Yahoo domains!! They are the best web domain host out there!!
Seriously they have some of the best customer service you could ever ask for. GoDaddy is great, cheap, nice to use... But I'm not very fond of the service. People have been telling me that they're not too responsive to emalis, and aren't too friendly when it comes to resolving billing problems (and believe me, when a billing problem arises, the worst think you can have is irresponsible customer reps!)
Anyway, Yahoo Domains only costs about $10 a year, which is competitive with most other webhosts. In fact, I believe Yahoo offers a deal for new customers of $4 per year (it was even $2 for a while!). They have 24/7 customer support, call them or email them and they respond immediately. They're control panel and DNS management is insanely simple to use and straightforward (some other guys make it super complicated and guarded). Not to mention they have a range of domain name extensions, including the popular ones (.com, ,net, .org, .biz, .info, .us)
So all-in-all, if anyone is looking to invest in their blog, I encourage you guys to try out Yahoo! Domains. I'm not advertising for them or anything, I genuinely believe they have a great product and excellent service! For those of you who aren't as familiar with web domain registration, imagine being able to link to your blog as easily as "www.alphabetalife.com"!
That's all for now, let me know your thoughts if you have experience in web domains!
it def would be a lot easier to put on a buisness card or somethaaaang
ReplyDeleteIf I ever change my blog to a real link I'll be sure to go yahoo! It's cheap and affordable :D
ReplyDeleteI've been thinking of getting a domain recently for something else I've been working on, so this is good to know. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteGood idea, I have been shopping around for a domain name. Yahoo might be the way to go.
ReplyDeleteGood call on the domain names. And yea, thank god its FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY!
ReplyDeleteHERE HERE!
ReplyDeleteI would go with cheap :P
ReplyDeleteFRIIIDAY!
ReplyDeleteFRIIIDAY!
GOTTA DEADLIFT ON FRIIIDAY!
Let's ask Rebecca what day it is. Just to be sure.
ReplyDeletex
That's good info to have, especially since I'm looking for possible webhosting for the future.
ReplyDeletethanks, didn't even know yahoo did domains.
ReplyDeleteHey that's quite cheat, i'm actually considering that... thank you for the info :)!Really.
ReplyDeleteYeah I'd heard yahoo was really good with their service, I'm looking into getting one myself to further my blog.
ReplyDeleteGreat advice. I might consider this if my blog gets a little more steady income
ReplyDeleteGreat to know. Gonna set up a website soon (not my blog tho).
ReplyDeleteI used netfirms It was on sale for the first year at around 5$ for the year, then going back up to around 10$ for a .com
ReplyDeleteGOTTA GET MY BOWL
ReplyDeletei'ld with cheap :)
ReplyDeleteat last, something good from yahoo. :D
ReplyDeleteSounds good, is it posible to buy a yahoo domain for my blog?
ReplyDeletethanks for the advice
ReplyDeleteUseful tips, thanks!
ReplyDeletewow yahoo is good at something
ReplyDeleteI also want a domain.. I'm also thinking in GoDaddy.
ReplyDeleteGreat advice
ReplyDeleteI've heard a lot of bad about GoDaddy. I went to their site once to try it but there were so many ads and services they tried to up sell that I decided against it.
ReplyDeletetoo poor to afford a domain -__-
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty awesome!! I will have to look into it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advise!
ReplyDeletehttp://cleansheetsanddirtygirls.blogspot.com/
i i get more traffic i migth get my own domain.
ReplyDeletegood advice, thanks
ReplyDeletethanks for the tip, i'll hit yahoo if i need one
ReplyDelete