Just thought I'd update everyone on my situation right now with switching schools (possibly)...
I looked up some more culinary schools so I had more choices. Even though I said I wanted to go to a culinary school in california, I thought I'd check out some other ones just to keep my options open (and, of course, discover the world... who doesn't like that???)
1) Culinary Schools in Chicago
There's le cordon bleu college of culinary arts in Chicago... Looks pretty neat, I like what they're doing but they're just a college?? I'm worried that have a big effect when employers see my degree...
2) Culinary Schools in Texas
Here there's a few, but notable ones are Texas culinary academy and the art institute of Dallas. Both I think are reputable schools. But I don't know if I really want to go to Texas... No offense to my Texan readers! It's just not really on my radar haha.
3) Culinary Schools in Virginia
The culinary institute of virginia! One of my top choices right now. Great program here, so I've heard. And I've always wanted to live on the East coast!
4) Culinary Schools in Florida
Ah, beautiful Florida. I would love to live here, let alone attend culinary school in Florida. The international art institute and le cordon bleu both have a campus here.
5) Culinary Schools in Pennsylvania
A quick search for trade schools in PA will pull up the International Culinary school. I think I just like PA because of its proximity to DC and NY. Can go there for weekend roadtrip lol =).
And the search continues!
My sister checked out both the Culinary Institute of Virginia and the International Culinary School. She didn't end up going to either and joined the air force, but the International Culinary School definitely seemed better.
ReplyDeletehow about some options outside the US? ;)
ReplyDeletegreat list but i live in europe :3
ReplyDeleteGood research, if it was me I wouldn't stray too far from where you live. The basic courses you do are the same all over the country, I'd move off to a better school after the basics.
ReplyDelete@mac-and-me
ReplyDeleteme too T_T
Smart thing to keep your options open, what are the pros and cons of the other culinairy schools?
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your search.
ReplyDelete:-)
The Culinary Institute of American is the most prestigious cooking school in America - http://www.ciachef.edu/
ReplyDeleteJohnson & Wales in Rhode Island is probably a reasonable 2nd. - http://www.jwu.edu/#fbid=jGenhfryKbT
If I were going to a culinary school in Chicago I would consider in addition to the one you mentioned in your post - Kendall College - http://www.kendall.edu/
cooking is the best =]
ReplyDeleteDid my culinary college training while I worked in the industry.
ReplyDeleteWell, that's nice! Good luck on that man! Check us out too! japroulette.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI don't think it'll matter much when you're getting a job, its about your skills when it comes to culinary arts.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the search!
ReplyDeleteAll this education just so you can make men sandwiches?
ReplyDeleteHaha, I kid.
Good luck :P
Hell, I hate looking for a good school, you actually never know how's it like to study there before you simply try it.
ReplyDeleteLooking for school's can be really tiring but you've got a great line up -- Loving it.. Thanks SO much again for stopping by my blog.. Loving your posts.. Off to indulge in more.. :))
ReplyDeletebad that I live in europe :(
ReplyDeleteI'd probably want to study in california if I were in your shoes :0 it just seems like the superior state over there!
ReplyDeleteI might be biased cuz I'm in virginia, but is this school in the mountains? I'd be all for it, if so. Of course, if its closer to the water, that's kewl too. I've just been near water all my life, so its nothing new.
ReplyDeletegood luck there
ReplyDeletehave fun and good luck
ReplyDeletewill you stop putting "alphabetalife.blogspot.com" i know that. its annoying.
ReplyDeletegood luck with your choice
ReplyDeletecome to florida and go to le cordon blu
ReplyDeleteLooks like a tough decision
ReplyDeleteI find it interesting how many people wanna cook.
ReplyDeleteHave you considered the New England Culinary Institute? It's beautiful in Vermont.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the search!
ReplyDeleteSounds nuts, I don't think I could go to cooking school myself.
ReplyDeleteFlorida seems like the best choice.
ReplyDeleteas someone from florida, i say go there! it really is as nice as everyone makes it look
ReplyDeleteHousing here in PA is really cheap and it's a nice place to live, so I highly suggest PA!
ReplyDeleteI know you'll do amazingly on your search but good luck anyways!
ReplyDeleteyou should check some out in CA, if you're willing to move out here :b
ReplyDeleteSounds like an exciting time for you!
ReplyDeleteI agree that culinary school in PA will let you visit NY & DC :P
ReplyDeletePA or Florida, definitely, with PA being at the top IMO. Florida nice and all, but unless you love warm weather and that such activities...forever, then go for it. PA has a full range of seasons, which is my personal preference, and there's a lot of cool places I've been to. In the end, it's really up to you!
ReplyDeleteDon't go to Texas, it's ugly there! I should know, I used to live there! Good luck!
ReplyDeletePlease send me a pie.
ReplyDeleteIf you are going to Florida I heard Johnson & Wales is a good university too coming from a friend who went to Le Cordon Bleu!
ReplyDeleteI'd say come to europe too :)
ReplyDeleteAh college...so much to worry about ALWAYS haha. I like reading this and know I'm not alone. Following =D
ReplyDeleteEurope all the way ;D
ReplyDeleteI swear I see people in these cooking outfits at my college all the time
ReplyDeleteMove to California and spend the money you'd spend for school on a Taco Truck. Start in the working class neighborhoods and then drive your way up to the elites as your name becomes well known and your skills develop. You can either become a Mobile Taco Tycoon, or cash in your experience to work in a less mobile restaurant. When you're rich and successful you can thank me with either a monetary donation or tacos for life. There, I even gave you a name for your business: Tacos for Life.
ReplyDelete~H. Coct
Good luck with school!
ReplyDeleteI think good choice will be move to school in city where you got friends for sure!
ReplyDeleteNo offence taken from Texas. It sucks here. Don't come. :b
ReplyDeletePA is great if you are talking about Philly, love that place ) Great place to live!
ReplyDeleteCome to canada instead! toronto has some pretty kick ass programs ;3
ReplyDeletegood luck!
ReplyDeleteWe wish you good luck from this sinners den.
ReplyDeleteCan't go wrong with Virginia. Great weather during the summer and it doesn't get that cold very often during the winter. i don't think we went below like 15 here all winter at night, with snow, etc. And there's never any natural disasters in Virginia. No serious Tornadoes, no volcanoes, no earthquakes, tsunami's, and when it's supposed to "blizzard" we get like 3-6 inches lol. Pretty easy going state if not sometimes a uneventful.
ReplyDeleteAlways wanted to be a chef, never know!
ReplyDeleteGood post i live close to a le cordn bleu campus in florida.
ReplyDeleteThe school in Va is a great one, my roommate went there and speaks highly of it.
ReplyDeletemove to my hometown Larnaca in Cyprus! you'll love it! don't worry, they all speak english and the food is fantastic
ReplyDeletebest of luck finding a school for you
ReplyDeletewish you look in the research, i can't help you much 'cause i don't live in the us but i hope you find the one!
ReplyDeletei know NY has a few
ReplyDeleteFood!
ReplyDeleteYummi!
The good thing is, you're not considering McDonald U.! lol
ReplyDeleteThese all sound great! Personally if you choose to not go to Cali I would do Florida. Might as well be in a place that is equally beautiful and enjoyable.
ReplyDeletetexas is beautiful
ReplyDeleteoh i do not envy your search. good luck man.
ReplyDeleteWell i couldnt say which place to go that would be entirely up to you, but im glad you opted for the Culinary arts. its a Great skill and it can get you Laid if your a guy, or land a guy if your a girl...
ReplyDeleteGood luck! Aha good choice in going into culinary, i think it's great. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteI hate the cold. I'd definitely be opting for either Florida, or staying in Cali. Good luck on your search!
ReplyDeleteSuggest you search outside the States- Italy, France, Spain, India, etc. Avoid the radiation in Japan. Avoid England because you would be laughed at for going to culinary school in a country with a reputation for awful food.
ReplyDeleteHopefully you get some info on New York ones.
ReplyDeleteCome in France ! ;)
ReplyDelete