Thanks everyone, for the congratulatories! I'm almost at 600 now, haha.
For my "today in class":
Last week, I stayed up until 4 A.M. finishing a rather difficult math assignment. The next day in class, I realized that I left it at home... So instead of listening to the lecture and taking notes, I redid half of the assignment to hand in. Tomorrow, there is another homework assignment due, and I literally spent 9 hours on it because I didn't have the information from the lecture or the notes (I don't know anyone else in that class).
No joke! It sucks, serious. I spent most of my day researching online for snippets on how to find the friggn d'Alembert solution to wave equations using characteristics and domain of dependence. It just so happened that the notes the prof posts online from past years were missing vital parts from this section.
And as promised, here are the "Today in class" submissions from yesterday. Huge thank you to those who contributed! Keep them coming guys, I loved reading them all. If something happens to you in class, make sure you share it here with everyone; we want to hear about it!
Today in class, I didn't pay attention because I was reading about Android development. -Andy W
Today in class, nothing happened because I wasn't there. -Seorava
Today in class, I snuck out during the break for a cigarette. The next lecture? The dangers of smoking. Cue dirty looks from my fellow med students... -Headspace
Today in class, a teacher walked in and, upon nobody acknowledging him, demanded that we try it again - walked out, and walked back in. Nobody knew what he meant, so the same thing happened. He walked in and out of our room about 4 times before giving up and leaving - he never actually did anything, just walked in and out a bunch of times. -Dirtyepic
Today in class, I learned that 1 in 4 refugees in the world is Afghan. And that there are environmental refugees (Japanese eathquake refugees). -Daily01
Today in class, I caught the prof sleeping. -DrQmn1
Today in class, I farted all day from eating bad pizza. The guy next to me (in the stench) got the blame! -Elexerdelex
Today in class, a girl next to me farted, realized I had heard her, then attempted to blame it on another nearby girl. -Alpha
Today in class, I ate a California Burrito, it was delicious. -Asty
Today in class, I played a game of naps. -Sporktar
Today in class, the electricity went out randomly, and all the doors slammed shut in the halway. There was a girl with a flashlight on her iPhone, and for a second, I thought it was the Zombiepocalypse. -Christophe
Today in class, we're all hanging out, listening to the mind-numbing lecture in Intro to computers about what the different parts of a URL are. The girl beside me has been lying her head on the table all day, kinda sweating, seeming generally miserable. She lets out this little whimper and the next thing I hear is the splash of vomit hitting the table. It's covered her notebook, textbook and laptop. We're in the second row, so the prof sees it all and responds with his own upchucking (guess he's got a weak stomach). Shrieking and general panicked vomit avoidance ensue. I'm loling. Boring lecture is cut short. Everything went better than expected. -AnthropoSeptic
Today in class, I wasn't there. I was skipping and skateboarding outside school. -Tak47
Today in criminal law class, we were talking about porn law in different countries. An australian student made a little presentation, starting with: "after hours and hours of hard and dirty research..." and it went on for the whole presentation. it was kind of funny, but it seemed a little forced.. -Slyght
Today in class, I fell asleep and when I woke up, my friends told me that the professor pointed me out to the whole class who laughed at me, and I didn't wake up. -Ironchefman
Today in class, I was writing something then I went to scratch my head with the same pen - I ended up stabbing myself in the ear with the pen. -Ada
And my favourite of today...
One of my classmates (physics degree) told me she'd been asked to prepare the answer to a quantum physics question for her tutorial the next day. she needed my help.
I worked through the question with her, then went out drinking a bit late. The next day in my own tutorial I fell asleep; I woke to hear my tutor asking me to solve the very same problem I had worked through the previous night. Stifling a wry smile, I sleepily got up and scrawled through the derivations at a speed that clearly surprised and greatly impressed the professor. Then I sat back down, and for extra dramatics, immediately closed my eyes again.
Thus I showed that sometimes it is ok to drink and derive :)
-ResCogitans
(Sorry if I left yours out, let me know and I'll post it next time.)
Ahh I barely get enough sleep nowdays..
ReplyDeleteLol. Very good collection. Makes me nostalgic for college
ReplyDeleteHuh. I skipped class today due to shitty weather. No way in hell I'm walking through that blizzard of slushy rain.
ReplyDeleteIf I were still in college, mine would sadly go like this: Today in class, I played WoW.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's tough sometimes to miss material. It's worse to forget it, professors rarely care.
Nice one!
ReplyDeletex
Today in class, there was a strike. Day off.
ReplyDeletereally nice XD
ReplyDeleteThese are very creative! Maybe do one for why I didn't go to work today - might be some excellent excuses come out of it! :O)
ReplyDeleteLol at the last one. real nice.
ReplyDeletesleep more! :P
ReplyDeletenice
ReplyDeletealmost 600, thats crazy.
ReplyDelete:D nice!
ReplyDeleteHahaha my favorite story is the vomit one.
ReplyDeletei hate college
ReplyDeleteLol, these are great
ReplyDeleteLast one was best, definitely a bad ass moment for that guy.
ReplyDeletefunny things listed there.
ReplyDeletei loved the farting one ;D
Fuck college
ReplyDeletegood luck in your studies!
ReplyDeleteCollege > Any other form of schooling
ReplyDelete(In my humble opinion.)
Nothing like stupifying people in a booze-weary state
ReplyDeletecool :D
ReplyDeletei like the today in class'
ReplyDeleteThat last one was bad ass.
ReplyDelete600 followers, man. That's a lot more than what i've got!
ReplyDeleteToday in class, I was late to take a quiz, and my gay ringtone for my girlfriend went off when she sent me a text and I got super embarrassed. Good day...? You decide. lol
ReplyDeleteWow this is good stuff i like it followd+
ReplyDeleteso... today in class i began following your blog
ReplyDeleteAcidflaw.blogspot.com
haha, good stuff. Followed!
ReplyDeleteboo college...
ReplyDeletedoing everything but studying :D
ReplyDeleteThe burrito...
ReplyDelete1 in 4 refugees are Afghan?!
ReplyDeleteYep 1 in 4 lol
ReplyDeleteLast one was epic, happened to me once in my early years with some calculus problem that was easy because of basically the same thing.
ReplyDeletethanks for the comments man =)
ReplyDeletefollowing and supporting
http://benny-lava.blogspot.com
some of those are classic lines - cool
ReplyDeletehaha
ReplyDeleteI wish interesting stuff like people vomiting happened in my classes D:
ReplyDeletetoday in class i pooped my pants and it was sho damn bad i took them off and then i started smearing the feces on myself and danced like a monkey. true story
ReplyDeletelot of farting going on
ReplyDeletehappened to me once, but i instead dashed to get the homework from my room in the dormitories i made it with just 2 minutes left before class.
ReplyDeleteSome good stuff there mate, enjoyed that
ReplyDeleteFun read to say the least. Looking forward to more!
ReplyDeleteAnother follower.
ReplyDelete