Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Time to invest in Uranium??

Most of you know about the Fukushima Nuclear Plant explosion over the weekend. Well today it was announced that a second explosion just occured. Economically speaking, this has had grave impact on Uranium stocks and spot prices. Uranium companies worldwide are down 10-30% today from the news. For the most part, this could be the market's kneejerk reaction to the news... Which means these top companies are being oversold and now is a good time to pick them up on the cheap.

Take a look at this blog for more coherent insight: Profit From Investment Letters

Note: This is NOT investment advice and should NOT be taken as such. I am a friggn 2nd year accounting university student. What do I know about Uranium stocks?

61 comments:

  1. Prices go up some day so yeah, might be good investment

    ReplyDelete
  2. ill keep this in my pocket =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might recover slowly, need a few years to rebuild, green for long-term IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time to invest in Uranium?
    ========
    good idea, i think)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting how a single power plant can affect global stocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. as accountancy student, don't you also have equity and stocks classes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. put options on nikkei index

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure, but looking long term, disasters like this one only undermine the nuclear industry, and while I personally think that nuclear power is the way to go (if you want to cut carbon, what else will you do), people can't get over the bad reputation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah. Dont know if u should buy now :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah. ur right maybe u should and maybe u shouldnt. Not sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldnt buy. Thats for sure :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I shall go invest on some Uranuious today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I prefer my chemical weapons.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is smart to invest in uranium. Uranium is scarce or w/e you call it. It is a source that is in small amounts available on earth, and we will run out of it in the future, just like oil. Except you can just buy uranium, because the CIA/Interpol/and other organisations will suspect you of terrorism:D Followed

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im hoping to pick up a few shares this paycheck. Could never be too careful, especially since the Nuclear age is on the rise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Buy buy buy I say! If anything, the Fukushima nuclear plant has been a fantastic advert for the safety of nuclear power plants.

    Note: Don't take this as investment advice - 2nd year computer science student here :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. what is uranium needed for?? What will be the economic disadvantage of a uranium shortage?

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol, yeah...but now the whole world is thinking about nuclear energy and uranium...

    ReplyDelete
  19. interesting, good heads up, at the least

    ReplyDelete
  20. Including that which is in use in nuclear weapons, we have enough fissionable uranium in the world to power the world for 10 years. In other words, we don't have much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Man this is probably a good call, now where is my number to my uranium broker! haha Seriously though, might have to research me a stock option or two.

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow this looks interesting. i actually thought this would be the last time to invest in something like uranium

    ReplyDelete
  23. damn i wish i had money.. put some in a case on the mantlepeice..

    ReplyDelete
  24. It may not be a bad idea to invest in that, or Japanese based companies whos stocks are down. Unless the whole country turns into a Fallout wasteland, stocks you have invested are surely going to gain value in the coming months or years.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Better search alternative energies i think..

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'll keep this in mind though either way! Cheers man!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ...if I find room for some uranium in my room

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's not a bad idea...I really should follow the news more often for stock market trends.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i have been holding out for so long on buying uranium, i think now is the time to take the plunge though

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm going to invest 50 bucks in uranium, if i make it big i'll donate some to you. I'll split it 50/50 if you donate on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Well now i am more up to date with Japan and also what i should invest in. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Now i am more up to date with japan and what i should invest in.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Man, that's awful. Japan just can't get a break.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hm...good idea! The uranium prices SHOULD increase once people start forgetting about this. Maybe buy it in a few weeks once things calm down?

    ReplyDelete
  35. O yeah that might be a good plan.

    ReplyDelete
  36. But Glenn Beck keeps telling me to buy gold!

    ReplyDelete
  37. i wish i had something to invest

    ReplyDelete
  38. Definitely an interesting thought. Probably going to be a bunch of people jumping on to this.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I don't know much about stocks myself, but there's been a lot of talk of halting plans on new nuclear plants worldwide, so it might be down for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Always interesting to see the cause/effect of world events on the stocks.

    ReplyDelete
  41. well this looks like a good investment

    ReplyDelete
  42. Yup what you say sounds logical
    Thanks for the note tho I was just about to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Or time to invest in potassium iodide.
    Followed.
    bigunicorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Seems to me with how much cheaper wind/solar power is getting people are starting to move more and more away from nuclear power. This might be the tipping point of the entire industry falling out (no pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
  45. It really depends when the Uranium market recovers. It's like Three Mile Island all over again: an incredibly unlikely event happens, and suddenly the entire fucking world is once again terrified by nuclear power. It may be a while before any investments in Uranium make a turn around

    ReplyDelete
  46. that's actually not a bad advise dude. I think the people who buy stocks, should listen to it (btw I fixed the image in my blog, if you want to still check it out)

    ReplyDelete
  47. going to take a look at the blog, looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  48. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Sounds like you know a bit more than most people :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. In the short term this is going to cause some damage to stocks, but it will recover. My main concern is the publics image of nuclear power, it's relatively safe...As long as it doesn't explode.

    Awesome blog and post

    ReplyDelete
  51. Interesting observation though.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I'm yo poor for this to truly effect me.

    ReplyDelete
  53. even though you claim that you have no real presence in advice. It's a good idea. lol wish I had some stock money to throw around

    ReplyDelete
  54. there is always money to be made during tragedy, sad but true

    ReplyDelete
  55. i dont think investing in uraniums is a good idea unless yo´re sure there is a better way to control the substance in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  56. can't decide yet whether this is good or bad news for Canadian uranium exports.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Aw man I keep my life savings in form of Uranium.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I think I'm going to invest in Uranium right now!

    ReplyDelete