Thanks for all the comments guys on the last one guys! Great to see how interested everyone is in accents =). A few of you wanted to know about my accent?! Well for those of you wondering, I'm Asian and I can't really tell about myself, but I do believe I have a bit of an accent... Though I've never been told that explicitly.
I grew up listening to a ton of Eminem... In fact he's my favourite artist. Now Em has a really distinct accent, and I'm not talking about the one he put on his Relapse album (which, by the way, despite everyone's derision I thought was still pretty good) but the one he usually speaks when he's not rapping. Like, for example, in interviews:
No idea what accent that is... though I'll take a stab and say Detroit? Haha. But yeah, I suddenly realized one day that I was starting to sound like him when I talk. And not only the accent, but also the way he says stuff and how his voice is kinda nasally and stuff. Friends have confirmed that we do kinda talk alike.
Sorry for short post today guys! Stick around I'll post again tomorrow =).
do you have a problem with gays lol XD nice post i like the british and ausie accent
ReplyDeleteshort but interesting
ReplyDeleteThanks for this video man. I love eminem and it's great to know a bit more behind the legend. Good to see he is sober now. Bet he still smokes some chronic though
ReplyDeleteAn Asian with a Detroit accent...hmmmm.
ReplyDeleteEminem seems much more down to earth in that intervew :o
ReplyDeleteI don't like Eminem's accent. Sorry. : /
ReplyDeleteeminem is not only a good rapper he´s a good talker too!
ReplyDeleteNo idea
ReplyDeleteHow cool! The first big yellow rapper?
ReplyDeletemy favorite singer is Jessica Alba..
ReplyDeleteshe is singer, right? wait.. oh(
Don't do it! Keep to your old accent. Do not fold in to the pressure of Eminem.
ReplyDeleteeminem looks so mature, i remember the hair yellow dyed kid who dressed with XXXL shirts and bandana's, and now he's all like a gentleman, a positive change!
ReplyDelete^ I agree, he acts like a completely different person.Success stories are always empowering to hear though. thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletenowadays accents are mixing together, and it's great!
ReplyDeleteI found the video very interesting, I actually watched the whole thing.
ReplyDeletelooks like your short post made me stay for a little while ;p
em seems like an enjoyable guy if you know how to handle him
ReplyDeleteEminem seems to have matured a lot since his earlier stuff.
ReplyDeleteTbh, I think my own english accent is downright horrible. :D
ReplyDeleteAnyways, it's actually very hard to find people who would talk exactly alike. There are so many variables in accents.
lol interesting
ReplyDeleteAccents are funny things, they can change depending where you live
ReplyDeleteWow Eminem making some sense and not screaming about his past life.
ReplyDelete10/10 vid.
Accents are a funny thing. I hear people say they notice a Canadian accent, but not any of the Canadian's I've met :P
ReplyDeleteFollowing/support.
limitfears.blogspot.com
+
wordslol.blogspot.com
I have Mexican parents that have thick accents. But since I grew up in Idaho I have a twang in my voice and you wouldn't be able to tell that I'm fluent in Spanish on the phone.
ReplyDeleteAlso did Anderson Cooper come out yet in this video? Because I find it hilarious when Cooper says, "Do you know like gay people?"
I can't stand M&M, but am very interested in accents, how people can be neighbours living 5-10 miles apart and pronounce so many words differantly baffles me.
ReplyDeletezomg! I'm asian and I love eminem as well! He's got a way with words.
ReplyDeleteHe spent a lot of his life in Detroit. Sucks for him.
ReplyDeleteNever heard of or seen an Asian with a Detroit accent ever! One of a kind, at least in my book =p
ReplyDeleteI would love to meet an asian with detroid accent. Followed.
ReplyDeletehmmm, i missed that 60 min doc on eminem. thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteIntresting post!
ReplyDeleteI really love Eminem <3 Since i was 5.
ReplyDeleteSome accents are awesome lol.
ReplyDeleteWow thats pretty cool
ReplyDeleteI'm familiar with the phenomenon of speaking similarily to the ones you listen to. But it might also sound a bit pretentious, if not douchy, so be careful about that.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely using the French accent all day today! Got some funny looks.
ReplyDeleteinteresting stuff thanks
ReplyDeleteAsian rap. That sounds goood mate! :)
ReplyDeleteEminem is good
ReplyDeleteBeing from West Virginia I speak slowly. Girls tend to like it but guys make fun of it, not that the male opinion is relevant to me.
ReplyDeleteI like this blog so I'm gonna give it a thumbs up in stumbleupon.
his voice is not bad
ReplyDeletehaha if I had his accent I would be saying: Will the real slim shady please stand up?
ReplyDeletei do have an accent too.. i hate it
ReplyDeleteinteresting read, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of Asian are you? lol I'm half Laotian.
ReplyDeleteI have a Kiwi accent! It's kinda like mumbling
ReplyDeletehello, fellow asian reporting in
ReplyDeleteEh. wait. accents are meaningless. its the ability to communicate that is important. when I push a button i expect to get results. But i do find unique accents to be quite exotic. :) as for me i sound like a radiohost.
ReplyDeletehttp://thaichickenbuffalo.blogspot.com/
I've got like the worst possible accent ever heard. (I'm an Spaniard, though.)
ReplyDeleteI'd like to say that asians speak English without an accent mostly, I don't know how you guys do that, but I'm a Russian speaker and I just can't speak without screwing up the sounds and it's so heavy that people sometimes don't get what I'm saing, especially if I'm playing some mmorpg or online action game with a squad.
ReplyDeletenice!
ReplyDeletegood post,followed...
ReplyDelete