Law of Examination
A compilation of noteworthy things I noticed students [should] do before, during, and after an examination of any kind. Of course, that by no means excludes me!
1) The course, and any subsequent learning of materials, officially starts 12 hours prior to the examination. There will be no course instructor; all course materials will be self-taught directly from the textbook.
2) Interesting phenomena: Facebook traffic spikes to 325% of average yearly traffic between 10pm and 3am of the night prior to examination. You are no doubt expected to contribute to this traffic.
3) Interesting phenomena: Exam grade is inversely proportional to sleep acquired the night before.
4) Classes on the day of the exam, including the class for the course of which you will be examined in, are optional.
5) Arrive at the exam 30 minutes early. The invigilators will not allow entrance into the exam room until 5 minutes before the exam, and you know this full well; in fact, the professor suggested to arrive 15 minutes early (for no explicit reason, nonetheless). Then proceed to stand outside and wait around stupidly.
6) 20% of all course material is to be learnt within this half hour that you are standing outside the room.
7) The other 80% is learnt during the exam.
8) Protip: Your lucky writing utensils won't do you jack. Instead, bring a coin to flip for multiple choice questions.
9) Graph of handwriting legibility deterioration over time exhibits an exponential relationship.
10) No matter how early you completed the exam, you will always be cut off mid-sentence.
11) Post-exam, it is customary to report to all peers that you "did bad". At most, report that you may report you did "okay lah".
12) The post-exam review session consists of a circle of 2 or more exam candidates discussing, in detail, questions and answers from the exam. During this time, it is acceptable to affirm answers of which you are 110% confident you answered correctly.
13) This post-exam debrief often lasts longer than the pre-exam studying period.
14) During post-exam review, look through your textbook to find answers to the midterm, even though it will not change your midterm grade and the question will certainly not appear on the final exam.
15) Go home to study for tomorrow's exam.
Haha, so true and funny. Great insights. I'm never the guy who does the cramming like that, but I know so many who are. The one about showing up a half hour early and just standing around made me chuckle.
ReplyDeletenice rules! following and supporting :D
ReplyDeleteHa! This sounds pretty familiar :)
ReplyDeleteI once had a professor who told me he wouldn't give any exams except they are the only way to get student to study!
ReplyDeleteOMG awesome... this info will be very good for a friend of mine that gets very stressed the day before an exam
ReplyDeletei attend google university located on the internet man im a high school dropout with no diploma so this really cant help me but thanks im learning
ReplyDeleteThe ones Im 110% sure I got right I usually got wrong :V
ReplyDeleteNice tips here! Following you now.
ReplyDeleteThis is true. I usually go to sleep late and I'm on facebook as I study. I also study right before the test and All i study is self taught because I skip class. I still get good grades though, the lowest so far has been an 87/100.
ReplyDeleteHaha these are great, nice post!
ReplyDeleteYou're going to need a 4 sided coin for those multiple choice questions =P
ReplyDeleteAlso, I don't think sleep is inversely proportional to exam score. I have several friends who swear by pulling all nighters, but I get straight A's without it.
I definitely agree that you learn a lot of subject matter during the actual exam, though.
Hahah that's funny xD
ReplyDeleteAll so true when i went to school!! =]
ReplyDeleteInteresting fact on facebook
ReplyDelete16. spend too much time studying so that you don't get enough sleep. See step 3.
ReplyDeleteGAH. It's like you're stalking me! :D
ReplyDeleteI agree; why waste your time all semester when you can just cram to pass the exam? Good post!! haha
ReplyDeleteI always found that I learned more from taking the test than studying for it.
ReplyDeleteHaha, #9-I was an English major, so yeah, mostly essays.
ReplyDeletei never study for exams i find it pointless either you know it or not.
ReplyDeleteevery day of my life
ReplyDeleteI once had a final exam which was to go to the professor's house for a tea party. It is good to be a classics major.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately for most of us, we discover these "laws" long after graduation. ;)
ReplyDeletei love this! lol
ReplyDeleteJack.CA.... so true...
ReplyDeleteyour blog might motivate me in the future when I take classes again, but for now I am so happy I dont.
ReplyDeleteso true =)
ReplyDeletewow, really nice post. thanks
ReplyDeletehaha nice ^^
ReplyDeleteI do hope I'm still in college so I can apply these tips.
ReplyDeleteThey're nice!
Brilliant tips, gotta make a note of these :D
ReplyDeletefollowing and supporting.
http://the-viral-network.blogspot.com/
Another good post.
ReplyDeleteIf teacher is good, and you can take notes, then there shouldn't be a real need to study.
ReplyDeleteYes... I do like 90% of those things..
ReplyDeleteWhenever I look at at text books post-exam, I always find that I make the stupidest mistakes..
Nice rules! I might start using them
ReplyDeleteGood rules lmao.
ReplyDeletegreat rules - following
ReplyDeleteThese are good set of rules :D
ReplyDeletevery interesting indeed, thanks man
ReplyDeletenice list ^^ i do about the same,just a few small differences
ReplyDeletethese are fantastic haha good posts followed!
ReplyDeleteso true.. sadly
ReplyDelete