Hey guys,
I've been thinking about changing degrees. Accounting really just isn't right for me... I'm not very good at it, it's very tedious and boring, and the studies are insanely difficult (my courses are ripping me apart!)
There are two choices that I might consider as of this moment:
1) Culinary Arts Schools
This is my topmost choice. Living by myself, I've been forced to cook more often than I thought... And I found out I love it. So I want to go to culinary schools and perhaps work as a chef. Right now I'm considering a few schools in USA, particularly NY, Cali, Chicago, that I might want to attend (something else I've always wanted to do). As I mentioned in previous posts, University reputation is paramount. So I did some Google searching for culinary schools in California, culinary schools in New York, and culinary schools in Chicago. I'm kinda liking the California School of Culinary Arts and the Institute of Culinary Education in New York. Not quite sure about this just yet, because both are very costly choices. Maybe I'll just look for a simple pastry school. A bakery? I dunno.
2) Law Schools
And not just any law schools, but online law schools. That's right, an internet law school. Preferably an accredited online law school... But yeah. My top choice would have to be Concord Law School Online. I checked out the Concord Law School website and I like what I see! See for yourself: Concord Law School.
That's all I have for now. Since it's up in the air still, I can afford to make these widely varying choices... I figure, if I'm going to switch, might as well go all out rather than half-ass it and do some other BCom specialization.
Anyway, I haven't finalized any decisions yet, just kinda pondering at the moment. What are your thoughts on this? Does anyone have experience in culinary schools/graphic design schools/law schools?
choose law school, that's great
ReplyDeleteCulinary sounds allot more exciting
ReplyDeleteI'd say lawschool. I think I remember some TV cook saying that barely no one that actually likes cooking can survive in the culinary industry... I think it'd be better to keep it as a hobby
ReplyDeleteI went to law school, long ago. It's greatest value was generally its embrace of the Socratic method which would be hard to duplicate in an online setting.
ReplyDeletei'd do law school. there is always a time to go after culinary arts adn a lot of people do it without schooling. :)
ReplyDeletegood on you! sounds expensive though.
ReplyDeleteculinary arts seems nice D: but thats cus im a sucker for food :P
ReplyDeleteI'd say law :P
ReplyDeleteLawschool. :)
ReplyDeletei would coose for lawschool :)
ReplyDeleteLaw school will definitely yield the most money - but I say go for culinary. I've wanted to do it myself, and all the more power to you if you enjoy being a chef.
ReplyDeleteIf accounting is boring to you then I would go for culinary school. Although, the culinary game can be tough so the passion has to be there. Law school might be more promising but only if you want it bad enough. I used to be an accounting major and like you became really bored with it so I switched my major to another business related major but only because I didn't want start completely over. I just want to be done at this point. haha! : )
ReplyDeleteI'd definitly go for lawschool.
ReplyDeletei hated accounting when i took it too. be careful of online schools: a lot are scams. culinary school is tough too, and i like cooking as a hobby more than a career personally. good luck!
ReplyDeleteMost online schools are mostly useless.
ReplyDeleteI'd go for Lawschool, however, I believe in doing what you want.
ReplyDeleteCulinary school and a career accordingly would be fantastic! Online schools sounds dodgy imo :)
ReplyDeleteMy girlfriend is in culinary school and she loves it. But you really have to have a passion for food to get anything out of it. Often times you won't make much money if you aren't passionate.
ReplyDeleteSo if you're not trying to go for broke and aren't passionate about food I would consider lawschool.
If you didnt like accouting, I think you'd run short in law school as isnt isnt any kind of walk in the park either. Culinary school however sounds more real and straightforward, and fun! I'd choose culinary school for you :)
ReplyDeleteI would say law school. But you are suggesting online law school. I would think that employers would think lower of online law courses. So choose culinary school as it is more your passion
ReplyDeleteLaw school is a better investment in your future I think. You will make more bucks. But: choose the thing you like the most, because you have to hang on it for a few years.
ReplyDeleteif i were you i'd choose law school. i only know law schools from movies (since iam not a US citizen) but i always thought they look pretty cool
ReplyDeleteI wish I could tell you which to choose. but I haven't been to either. Gl though :)
ReplyDeleteI'd prolly be more interested in law school. but you mentioned graphic design at the end, and that would interest me more. I had 2 classes referred to as multimedia (photoshop/3dsmax/illustrator). It wasn't at a very good school tho.
ReplyDeletedo the culinary schools!!
ReplyDeleteDo both XD
ReplyDeleteLaw school or culinary school... strange choices if you ask me :)
ReplyDeletedepends do you have a passion for cooking or a passion for helping people do the right thing... or defending murderers...
ReplyDeletenice options though :D
following ^_^
The best you could probably get with online law school is being a clerk. Honestly, I'd go to culinary school because it gives you a lot more options with what you pay for. With all the schools where you can study law, you would be lucky to get a job with an online degree.
ReplyDeleteI'd say law school but be careful of an online law school. If the law school is not accredited you will have problems applying to sit for the bar exam. As of this moment I do not know of any credited law schools. I am speaking from an attorney and as someone who has worked in law school admissions. There are part-time programs though.
ReplyDeleteeh do culinary.
ReplyDeletesupported!
collegeanon.tk
Neither do
ReplyDeleteflip burgers at McDonalds.
Culinary. If you enjoy culinary, go for it. You wanna do something that's gonna be fun, and if you're good at it, you can go far and have a great time in life.
ReplyDeleteI think cullinary would be more fun
ReplyDeleteI hate law and all it represents, so culinary FTW you learn lots of stuff there including how to open you own restaurant and how to manage its finances.
ReplyDeleteLaw school first. Any shmo can learn how to cook.
ReplyDeleteIt really depends on what you want to do with your life. If you take law, you'll end up having to defend scumbags at some point unless you go into another law career, but law is largely filled with memorizing hundreds of laws and how they work together. It seems extremely boring, tedious and the slightest mistake could fuck your career over (not that anyone in law cares).
ReplyDeleteCulinary on the other hand is interesting, something that people will always need, especially in the coming post-apocalypse world. There's TV shows about it, tiny restaurants in no-where towns still get famous: there's a lot of potential here.
I say cooking.
I say cooking too (obviously!).
ReplyDeleteBe a new Gordon Ramsay and make youtube videos bout it :D
ReplyDeleteI'd say go for Law for the money. FOod for...interest.
ReplyDeleteI vote culinary school. Two of the most successful people I know from high school went that route and it can take you in some interesting directions. One of them is a cruise chef and the other works at some stupidly pricey resort.
ReplyDeleteI would go with culinary shcool too. Because people love people who know how to cook, but people hate lawyers
ReplyDeleteA good friend of mine went to culinary school before getting a "real" degree from a major university. It gave him a skill that stays valuable and makes you employable for the rest of your life. I'd suggest that route as chefs and cooks can earn good money and the demand will always be there. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI'm already doing law now :P so I would go for culinary :D
ReplyDeleteI'd go for law if I were you
ReplyDeletei hate cooking but i hate law more so i would go to the culinary school.
ReplyDeleteLaw school always interested me, but I'm to lazy to learn all that.
ReplyDeleteyou'll get more places with law-school im thinkin
ReplyDeletemy vote is for culinary school... you can later open your own restaurant
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, think carefully whether you really want to switch to any of those, wouldn't it become something boring after a year or so, what would you switch it to then?
ReplyDeleteThey both suck sorry but as a cook you work a resort on some inland.
ReplyDeleteI would say do what makes you happy. If you like cooking, go for it! My cousin did law and got a job running a business for someone when he got out (so not really related to law). He seems to like it a lot and of course is also paid well
ReplyDeleteI say go for cooking, and I'll visit your bakery.
ReplyDeletei'd say lawschool
ReplyDeleteit doesnt matter what you do in life as long as you are sure its what YOU want.
ReplyDeletegood luck with the switch, hope you find what you're lookin for
Go for culinary! Law would be incredibly boring so I say you should go for something fun.
ReplyDeleteThere seems to be a number of professions that bring in the cash at the expense of blackening your soul...Marketing, PR, Banking, Law...
ReplyDeleteDo a Culinary course - people will always need to eat
Internet lawyer!
ReplyDeleteI'm the same dilemma with a career, it's very difficult to chose :(
ReplyDeleteculinary TRUST ME
ReplyDeleteHaving 2 friends that have completed a high-cuisine course (certified Chefs) I can tell you that work is almost 100% guaranteed with good pay, and if you enjoy it too, then I don't see why it shouldn't be your career.
ReplyDeletepersonally i love cooking, so i would go with culinary
ReplyDeleteIf you're in to math, and you know basic accounting, then check out actuary. They make a lot of money for math that's way more interesting that accountants.
ReplyDeleteI signed up for an online art class. back out at the last moment. looked a little sketchy.
ReplyDeleteI have a friend going to culinary. Very hard, very competitive. Look forward to low wages, back end jobs and a hard life doing or striving toward something you love.
ReplyDeletemy father did culinary. he was a famous chef and was in newspapers a lot. but that was longggg ago. i now hate his spagetti.
ReplyDeleteMan you should go for what you want in life :D. My friend got a degree at a culinary school and got some goods jobs but you have to have connections because it's pretty hard. I don't know about too much about online law schools so I can't say much about that. I been in college for a year now and I stil have no idea what I am going to do!
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is, if you're going to go to a law school, don't go to an ONLINE law school. You're just asking for an awful education.
ReplyDeletelol@neuroquila i know all about that
ReplyDeleteCulinary arts is never a bad thing. Chicks dig a man who can cook them a nice meal ;o
ReplyDeleteculinary like me =p
ReplyDeleteTo answer your question: Nope! I have no experience. But I would go with culinary school...cooking and that kind of stuff just seems more rewarding than being a lawyer, or doing something to do with the legal system. That's just me though!
ReplyDeleteculinary arts school, when you are ready, i´ll pay you to make me a sandwich.
ReplyDeleteLaw school..U can become president or let a guy gain weight and u fight for him in court and get 15%.
ReplyDeleteU go to culinary school, u cook for everyone with diff palate and u gain weight
Culinary school. The job market for law grads is in the toilet, don't do it.
ReplyDeletei've had experience being a cook (didn't go to school) but i did not like it. stressful and low pay but if you like it then go for it! you can probably get in a nice restaurant and make more (but what are top salaries for high end cooks i wonder?)
ReplyDeletelaw school. you get lots of time to yourself and lots of money when not working. I enjoy cooking its fun. Graphic design cool too you get to learn how people make the things you see on movies and shizz. Make yourself happy is all I can say.
ReplyDeleteI've always enjoyed cooking. Culinary arts sounds awesome. I'd shoot for that!
ReplyDeleteJust think about what you would enjoy more. Law and culinary are two very different things. Picture yourself actually doing it, and think about which one you can actually see yourself enjoying. Both are great options
ReplyDelete