Friday, 11 March 2011

Calm before the storm

Hey guys! Another post coming at ya because I have nothing to do. School is really interesting like that, it comes in bursts. There'll be weeks of absolute mayhem, followed by a prolonged period of uncannily quiet peace. And not long after that comes the inundation of work, and so it goes over and over.

So yeah, I had a couple of jam packed weeks with midterms, projects, presentations and whatnot, on top of my extracurriculars like some big events hosted by Accounting Club. And now... nothing. Frankly, I'm a bit bored! I need to find a new hobby.

I've been meaning to learn how to write investment reports and practise writing some. I'm interested in doing some investments of my own. But it's kinda tougher than I thought! Anyone know any online tutorials that will teach you how to write reports and analyze stocks?

Back to the blog... Just need to pass the time until the next barrage arrives, which is in about a week actually, starting with two major midterms, and a project. God help me. Wish me luck you guys! In the meantime, enjoy this vid! (Embedding is disabled so I can't post it here...)

29 comments:

  1. It's really crappy that schools don't think to space this stuff out. Instead students get rocked with exams and projects all at once which pretty much destroy your mind. Good luck. Funny video, I've definitely been there a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chill out try to relax so you dont loose your mind when the storm hits, best of luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck, good vid (big boobs what's not to like).

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with your exams! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you luck on those exams my man.. and thanks for the video :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally relate to that powernap-blackout lol. Kinda makes you wish you were in school again :3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stocks are for suckers. Invest in a business and great passive wealth. Read some of Michael Lewis' stuff on the subprime mortgage crash and you'll see that many authors of investment reports put a "Buy" rating no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good luck bud. I always hated how everything seemed to be due on the same day in college.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Set yourself small, achievable mini-projects during your freet-time. No need to overstretch yourself otherwise it'll just be internet and TV :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Accounting club? wow.. and I thought my school was nerdy, we have a chess club and a checkers club.
    Anyway, a hobbie I picked up in highschool because of boredom was rubiks cubing. It takes just a couple of days to learn how to solve one, with youtube

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like school is getting pretty rough for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's awesome that you enjoy the school

    ReplyDelete
  13. Accounting Club how specific! =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol great vid and GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I work for a company that publishes stock research! I'm not a writer, just a copy editor. But my co-worker over in the research department has started writing some reports, and he copies the style of other reports, and just plugs in the statistics that correspond to the company he's talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahah I love college humor!
    Good luck to you =)
    NL: Succes
    FR: Bon chance
    GER: Viel gluck
    well thats all the languages I speak...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck, I just got out for spring break today :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. good luck for the project!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah I''m all too familiar with the calm before the storm. sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry, can't help with the stocks. But if you find a good site, plz let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah that's the funny thing about higher learning. you never truly know where you stand.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can learn alot by starting a mock trading portfolio on "Investopedia.com". They have alot of very helpful educational materials on the basics of investing and stock analysis as well.

    ReplyDelete