Sunday, 1 May 2011

Card Magic Tricks!

Hey guys,
Just recovered from a wicked hangover this morning. Woke up at 10 in the morning with my head pounding and my eyes completely bloodshot... The night before I was out clubbing at Boss Nightclub, probably one of the more popular ones in Vancouver Downtown. Oh lord, I don't remember much but I do remember that my friends and I were seducing everyone in sight from the bartenders to the bouncers and even the cab drivers. I don't know what it was (my amazing charm, maybe?) but the driver agreed to drive 5 of us girls in one car which is apparently a HUGE no-no in Vancouver because none of the cabs (not even vans) take 5 and so all drivers know better than to break the passenger limit. It's almost like a coalition I guess, where if no one takes 5 or over, then large groups will be forced to take 2 cabs which will create more business for them? Oh well. Nothing that a tip and a kiss won't fix =)

So I'm a big fan of magic tricks. When I was small I'd learn card tricks to impress my friends. But then I got bored/lost purpose so I stopped doing it for a while... And today I got a bit nostalgic so I decided to revisit some of my favourite tricks. Turns out I forgot all of them!

This video is beautifully done. All the slights are very cleanly executed... Take a look. I loved it.

54 comments:

  1. cool video! watched it so many times, best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can still do all these! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My momma said that magic is the devil! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a massive book on the subject in an attempt to learn card tricks. Unfortunately it turns out I'm not slick or dedicated enough to be any good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he has quick hands. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to be pretty deft to pull off such tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 01, 2011

    I always thought it was magic when I was younger :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. the first trick ... what ??! how ?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol sound like a good night

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love magic tricks. There's this Japanese magician who does these amazing tricks. There was one where he turned the Lacoste logo into a real alligator. It was mind blowing. Too bad I can't remember his name. But there's videos of him on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have a few good tricks i do for fun every once a great while

    ReplyDelete
  12. always wanted to learn tricks like this but .. seriously this is hard

    ReplyDelete
  13. magic? how does it work?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun night out! ;D

    I used to be into magic tricks when I was a kid too, but never practiced enough to really get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I may have to invest in a good deck of cards after this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. cool, interesting video

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love watching david blane perform his magic tricks

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hangover stories make me glad I'm allergic to alcohol D:

    ReplyDelete
  20. cool vid. Caught a couple of the tricks, but some made me laugh out in that sort of single, amused, gasp.

    ReplyDelete
  21. card tricks amuse me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really enjoyed this. following.

    ReplyDelete
  23. that's a cool video :)
    I like the trick and best of luck with that hangover, lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. I used to have one good magic trick.

    ReplyDelete
  25. One of my favorite tricks involves no sleight of hand, merely rapid patter tricking the object of the trick into picking their own card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooooooh I love magic tricks and I always wanted to learn some cool card tricks...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey you should make some kind of tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cool - I love these tricks (:

    ReplyDelete
  29. AnonymousMay 02, 2011

    I haven't attempted card tricks in years. I'll have to give these a go.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would rather just see how the trick is done :/ that's probably why I don't enjoy magic too much :p

    ReplyDelete
  31. sending this to my friend who loves card tricks

    ReplyDelete
  32. I will learn some more magic.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Mind is blown. Look up a guy called Keith Barry. He is Irish but he is something else

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very cool, sounds like a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  35. love these! i know a few card magic tricks myself, none as epic as these though...

    ReplyDelete
  36. That was epic! After watching vids like that, I want to learn them my self, but then the fail factor kicks in and I fall to the depression.

    ReplyDelete
  37. LOL That video was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great card tricks im always impressed by the dexterity of these guys

    ReplyDelete
  39. Magic tricks are cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  40. haha, wow, how did you find this?

    ReplyDelete
  41. My favorite pass time...I know a good amount of magic. Never really see girls doing magic tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  42. The only trick i can do is fifty-two pick up! Cool clip though!

    ReplyDelete
  43. The ones where the lettering disappeared...HOLY CRAP.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Definitely an interesting read. Thanks for sharing!

    Keep 'em coming as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. hangovers are the sign of a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Card tricks are always awesome post more!
    How to Hack Life.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love magic tricks!

    "A Magician never reveals his tricks" haha

    ReplyDelete