Hello everyone,
I do apologize for the absence! I know a lot of you thought I just sorta went MIA... But no, I'm definitely here and going to be contributing actively to the blogosphere.
So where did I go this past week? Well I've mostly been caught up with work... Doing an internship with Deloitte, which is an accounting firm. The firm is great, tons of people work there and they're all willing to help, friendly, and knowledgeable. But that's for another time!
Another thing I've been busy with is the UBC Accounting Club. Good gosh... It's so much work! This week we had to set up a meeting for the executives, and I was in charge of booking us a room for that purpose. But it had to be in downtown, specifically the downtown Robson Square UBC campus. So I had to make like 50 calls just to get a hold of this room... Then I had to deal with the problem of getting catering and everything. Gah.
One last thing I wanted to mention is that I got snapped today! By that I mean I got caught running a yellow light on a traffic camera. It was at the intersection of Garden City and Westminster in Richmond, and I was in a rush to dinner. I also didn't think they had cameras at left turn lanes, but surely enough, snap snap. Two bright flashes.
Damn those two flashes are going to cost me about $75 each.
Letter to the government:
Dear Mister Minister.
I'm just a student damnit, stop trying to make ludicrous amounts off me!
Sincerely,
$150 Poorer
Running a yellow light? You can get fined for that in Canada? In the UK yellow lights are fine to go through as they're a warning that you need to stop if it's safe to do so at your speed when you're approaching.
ReplyDeletegood to have you back
ReplyDeleteah phthalo said, orange in the UK means "hurry up"!
daymn 150 sheets tho.... feel your pain!
How about the guy who was sent a ticket based on a picture of a violation, so he sent a them a picture of the money. Then they sent him a picture of handcuffs. But it might work this time - sounds like something you should try.
ReplyDelete150$ for running a yellow light? I've learnt that you are allowed to do that instead of doing a hard brake. I do know that it's different here though.
ReplyDeleteHuh, seems odd to punish someone for using a yellow light.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! Ouch,m that ticket's gotta smart :\
ReplyDeletegoddamn, techno law enforcement!
ReplyDeleteYelllow lights? what? Oh Canada..
ReplyDeleteglad you haven't disappeared, not so glad you got tagged
ReplyDeleteWellcome back.
ReplyDeleteCongrats for the internship!
ReplyDeletejust try be a bit more careful!
Real life always comes first. That sucks about the fines as well.
ReplyDeleteYou get done for going through a yellow?!? Must be different laws in England. I got £60 for a red and 3 points on license! I feel your pain.
ReplyDeleteouch thats harsh, question is, did you make it to dinner on time.
ReplyDeleteYou're back with bad news.
ReplyDeleteRead a study that those traffic lights actually lose money for municipalities.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that, its better to drive safe, you only lose a couple of seconds. Glad your back, your posts are interesting.
ReplyDeletesounds stressful. welcome back
ReplyDeleteThat yellow light business is utter balls.
ReplyDeleteGood to have you back - internship with Deloitte... impressive!
ReplyDeleteGetting nailed doing a left-hand turn on a yellow light must be a BC thing. Here in Ontario, it's perfectly legal. There are more people in this province, i.e. more cars, so that law is ludicrous. Let me guess, it was the NDP that passed it, too. :P
ReplyDeleteGood job getting the room and catering, at least you had some good come of it, and you can always put that on your resumé ;)
damn that sucks...thats why i dont drive lol
ReplyDelete150 bucks... That's a hell lot of money to lose... feel sorry for you bro
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should just be late? I mean...it's okay...in all honesty being late isn't that big a deal. Not the end of the world and you can explain your irrational fear of yellow light snaps in the future. :P
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
ReplyDeleteHaha, sucks when you get caught. And those damn cameras catch you every time ;) wb hun.
ReplyDeletedude... sorry to hear about the red light tickets. those are a pain in the rump! but good to see your back at bloggin!
ReplyDeletehahaha lol well if you want to see hundreds of funny new videos from around the world check this side out we will be very much great full
ReplyDeletehttp://funny-as-fcuk.blogspot.com/