Midterm season!
A quick motivational for all of my student-friends out there who are feeling the crunch:
Anyway, it's hilarious to see people neglect any and every other class just to tunnelvision on the closest upcoming midterm. Case in point: In another one of my Accounting class, no one answered the homework question (well one person did, but he got it wrong anyway). What's even funnier is that the prof already knows this would happen, so he basically says, "There's no point in teaching this problem today so we'll do it Thursday, day after the midterm."
Ah! Whatever happened to constant review throughout the year? What were we doing back in September and October when there was literally nothing to study for and nothing to do but silly overnight assignments? Has the prospect of "cramming" become absolutely inevitable in today's post-secondary population?
One other thing I'd like to mention, planning events (for clubs, sports, community involvement, extracurricular, etc) is ridiculously difficult in the days following up to a midterm, because the turnout is literally in the single digits. Now, since there are midterms every week during the season, sometimes multiple per week, that translates to an epic fail on the part of the club, in particular the event organizers and marketing efforts. Case in point: the UBC Marketing Club has a member social coming up tonight, and from what I've heard, there are only 7 RSVP's. All because of the midterm coming up on Wednesday.
Come on people! Get out! Get involved! If you really can't spend an extra hour socializing and attending functions, then maybe this University business is not for you.
And yes, I will see you at the member social tonight!

Ugh don't remind me.
ReplyDeleteYeah, the earlier you learn the stuff, to less you have to cram before an exam. People never got why I goofed off the week before exams, it was all about relaxing, and I would bring in As and Bs.
ReplyDeleteThanks very much for motivation!
ReplyDeletehttp://baxxmans.blogspot.com/
**pops adderall**
ReplyDeletewhen isn't Gandalf correct?
ReplyDeleteThat's great! Nice one
ReplyDeletenice!
ReplyDeletehttp://acquiringtaste.blogspot.com/
i am glad school and study is over for me :3
ReplyDeleteYou have a few good points there, and I completely agree with you, if you can't find time for yourself then I guess you're not really ready to be a University student
ReplyDeletelol with Gandalf.
ReplyDeleteI'll better go to study a little bit... later
Well I just feel so dandy about not being in school.
ReplyDeleteUntil I never get a successful career that is.
You mean students are focusing on being students? The irony!
ReplyDeleteJust do well in your classes and you'll be fine.
ive already had them
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your studies thankfully im over all that :)
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if I agree. If you can't stop having fun for a few weeks and finally learn some stuff, THEN maybe you shouldn't have gone to the university in the first place...?
ReplyDeleteI have a friend who is going bald because he stresses to much about school, hes 21.
ReplyDeleteHow to Hack Life.
Good luck with the exams :)
ReplyDeletehaha thanks for the motivation. Now, to study for Calculus 2!
ReplyDeletesame here
ReplyDeleteGlad I'm done with all that. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteriiiight
ReplyDeleteSome of my friends are slacking on their studies.. i am totally passing that gandalf picture on!
ReplyDeleteSuffering threw midterms myself, ahhh
ReplyDeleteI aim for 50's bahah
ReplyDeleteTime management was always the hardest part of school for me... When it got to midterm season the only way I could get by is to plan out literally an entire day in advance, then set a million alarms and run like a clockwork man.
ReplyDeleteNow I'm a consultant who bills by the hour, so I NEVER procrastinate anymore... :)
If you do not study... You shall not pass! XD
ReplyDeleteCool blog, I'm following.
I sympathize with you. Last year I had so many people leaving any sort of study to the very last minute. It was silly, because I had a normal review schedule and when exams cam about, I was fine. Everyone else thought it was fine not to revise anything they've learned for the entire semester then just cram at the end. I just don't get why people do it.
ReplyDeleteGreat post and great blog, I'll be sure to return.
Good luck with the exams!
ReplyDeleteI don't study. I am not in school, works out for me!
ReplyDeleteI wish I was back at University. Those were good times.
ReplyDeleteShit man, you sound like a really cool student bro to hang out with. As a student myself, I have to admit I haven't been quite as socially outgoing as you'd expect. Missed a lot of good pussy, I'm sure lol.
ReplyDeletelolol good luck with the exams brah
ReplyDeletecheckout my blog at
www.importsnyc.blogspot.com
Good luck with the tests. nice post
ReplyDelete^No bull. I'm not taking classes this semester to try and find a job. It fucking sucks in this economy. No one's hiring.
ReplyDeletelol awesome pic.. *saves as..*
ReplyDeletegood luck for your tests ^^
ReplyDelete