Sunday, 18 September 2011

Gotta love first week of school =)

Wooooo!!
You know school has really kicked in when you out again hitting up all the first-year/first-week parties around campus! This is truly one of the best things about being a student. What's our motto? We work hard and party harder!

Rumour has it that some schools have completely banned alcohol on dorms. This was a decision stemmed from some guy at Queen's Uni who drank himself to death at one of these parties, and he was in a basement all alone, passed out cold with no one there to help him.

Honestly? My view is that with the more oppression the administrations try to take upon us (ie forbid us from drinking in dorms), we're just shovelling more dirt on the issue because students can and will find a place to get drunk on a Saturday night. If they have to venture to the deepest part of the forests or basements to do it, they'll do it!!

So to all the post-secondary schools across Canada, stop forcing us to have to retreat and drink in such isolated places. At least when we're in the dorms and someone passes out in the living room, there are tons other people to help him out and call the ambulance he needs!

58 comments:

  1. Banning alcohol? Feels good I study at my house. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started school this week too...and also heard about the possibility of banning drinking in dorms. I dont think it'll happen here in Calgary though (too many kids with rich parents, who wouldn't stand for it). The kid who died also drank a 40 of vodka to himself during flip cup or something. You could just teach safer alcohol consumption or something, yeah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone should die of bleeding from a plastic knife from the cafeteria. Ban all cutlery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If a guy drank himself to death the gene pool is better without him and you shouldn't be punished for his stupidity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds a lot of fun. Although a drinking ban would horribly suck it does seem like idealistically it might be for the best, I'm not sure. Glad you enjoyed things anyway buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, just try and stop students from drinking! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made a good point, teenagers are going to drink regardless if they're underage, or if it's banned. It's going to happen, better let them do it in a safe place so they wouldn't get in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even if it is banned, it will still happen. That's definitely what happened at my uni!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn. Our school motto is study hard and party if you don't fear God. I was in the same boat as you two years ago when I was living in dorms, no alcohol allowed and no friends after three either. Gotta love Catholic Institutions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't stay at the dorms when I was still attending Uni, but man, that must be such a killer if they banned alcohol at the dorms ;(

    Cheers,

    Wi
    A Single Girl's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Banning alcohol in dorms? That's like banning marijuana in Jamaica.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prohibition of alcohol was preposterous and still is today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "What's our motto? We work hard and party harder!"

    Better copyright that one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was over at a friend's on saturday who lives right near a local university. Bunch of students out looking for parties

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very good luck!
    Ps- you have a really nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. School started around a week ago where I live.
    That's stupid why would they ban alcohol?

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mind is boggling thinking about the things that could be banned because someone died doing them, or using them, or ....
    The American Prohibition tells the tale of what happens when you ban alcohol. Nothing positive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 01101001 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110011 01100011 01101000 01101111 01101111 01101100 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01100010 01101001 01110100 01100011 01101000 00101110 00100000 01101100 01101001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110011 01110011 00101110 00100000

    ReplyDelete
  19. Think that would be not possible to be it implemented?

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol Yes. Cus people are going to abide by that new rule.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yeah no screw that. I doubt anyone will follow those rules.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Political correctness gone mad!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow im the exact opposite im in my last week of school forever this week

    ReplyDelete
  24. students that want to drink... an unstoppable force ;D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well I hate the first week of school.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow woman, I started school back August 3rd! +followed!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Listen, I'm on three glasses of Merlot right now. I'm sure you make a good point but it's all a bit blurry at this point.
    I'll check you out tomorrow and let you know if you are full of sh*( or not!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  28. and that rule will be @natural one.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm not in school but enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  30. lol wtf banning alcohol ... thats not american! wth america :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. Saturday night? From what I understand from my son, it's not just Saturday night. The drinking age in the States is 21. He's 19. So, legally, he's not allowed to drink.
    Yeah. Right.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Banning alcohol? xD
    School still hasn't started here yet o;

    ReplyDelete
  33. In my university, it is forbidden to consume alcoholic drinks on campus, but is allowed with permission. Great logic.

    ReplyDelete
  34. One guy planted a bomb in his shoes and tried to board a plane, after which everyone was asked to strip till socks.

    Drinking to death? They should stop admitting morons whose IQ competes with Antarica temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  35. If a guy drank himself to death the gene pool is better without him and you shouldn't be punished for his stupidity.

    agreed ^

    ReplyDelete
  36. I HATE school. +follow :) should check my blog when u can! http://mightyideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Whoever died in a basement drinking his self to death really should have thought that through.

    ReplyDelete
  38. at my college parties start around 1month after schoolyear..bad timinging

    ReplyDelete
  39. more posts!! i have some new stuff you could check out on mine if youd like

    ReplyDelete
  40. greatpost + follow, im on my 3rd week og school.....ithink

    ReplyDelete
  41. work hard and party harder! gotta borrow that line sometimes! ^_^

    A winner post! yohooooooh!

    ReplyDelete
  42. The'll be getting that alcohol anywayz :D and love the line!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Strange, my University is also a Canadian one but hasn't implemented a ban like this.

    Let's hope it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I thought it was only the U.S. Americans who ban alcohol... mind you the Arabs don't drink either I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I started college three weeks ago (in Scotland). Rules are everywhere:))))

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hmmm I think the action of banning all alcohol is a little bit to extreme... It only causes more harm then it prevents... On the other hand it might cause more cases of alcohol overdoses... Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  47. Ya, I read about that too (although I'm in the toronto area) but eh, Queen is known as one of the party schools in ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower as well.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Haven't heard that motto in a while :P

    ReplyDelete
  50. Having just finished graduate school (and as a 30 something), my view on student-faculty/administration relationships might be different. I view schools as corporate structures who, like IBM and other companies, often make self-interested decisions. In this case, the school's decision to ban alcohol in dorms is probably not altruistic (or moralistic) but rather to reduce its liability. If you get drunk at a club or in the woods and die/get injured, the institution is probably free from liability. However, if the school allows you to drink the dorm and something happens to you as a result of drinking too much, well, the school could be on the hook legally (ie. a multi-million dollar settlement if you get seriously injured or die).

    ReplyDelete
  51. AnonymousJuly 13, 2014

    they'll do it!!!!
    Viagra Super Active prices site
    ordering Prozac online online here

    ReplyDelete