Tuesday, 30 August 2011

To the victims of Hurricane Irene...

Anyone else been keeping tab on Hurricane Irene? So glad it's slowly unwinding now... It's left millions of families and businesses powerless, along with billions of dollars in damages. The New York stock exchange almost didn't open today because of the weather, flood, and the carnage on the street. Luckily, it was just clear enough to start everything up as usual and continue operations.

And even more luckily, the damage was much less than previously estimated. My thoughts are with the peoples, families, and businesses who have been affected by this massive tormentor...

32 comments:

  1. I'm very far from it. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets hope it all comes together in the end

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd heard it was less bad than anticipated. It would have been nice for the stock market to be destroyed though if you ask me. Which no one did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, and then that MORON Republican candidate Michele Bachman makes a joke about how this is God's way of teaching Obama and the Democratic party.

    SAD.

    In hurricane news, Boston and most of Massachusetts got off really light. Mostly just broken branches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im cool, im 10000 miles away

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad it turned out okay for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely tribute. It sounded like an awful storm, especially for an area that isn't used to hurricanes. I hope everything can get back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. good that someone knows what goes on.these are nice words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. im very far, at the southest spot of america (Argentina) but i hope everything come up the best way for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see this lovely post, even in retrospect. The hurricane captivated my thoughts for several days and Im so glad it's past with less damage than expected.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah the market has enough to deal with besides a day off.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. At least it wasn't as bad as it could have been, we will rebuild

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a worrisome weather.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it wasnt that bad, at least where i live

    ReplyDelete
  15. You dont hear anything about it here in The Netherlands, all I heard was it got past NY pretty softly..

    Feel horrible for the people that got hit.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh god, how overhyped this was!!!

    I swear, the media made it sound like the first day of Armageddon was going to friggin' hit...but, as it's been said, thankfully it wasn't nearly as bad as they made it seem it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a close call!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gladfully it wasn't as bad as estimated.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, but yes, it wasn't so bad where I am (MD). There was about a 3 or 4 day power outage, though, that got me a day or two off work.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw it on the news, death toll was surprisingly low

    ReplyDelete
  21. it sucks that this thing hit us, but i am so glad i wasn't in an affected area.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so glad that technology picked up on this one. Katrina was killer hard.

    ReplyDelete
  23. iRene. I thought it was an Apple Product

    ReplyDelete
  24. That was a close call!
    Luckily it wasn't as bad as estimated.

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's horrible that these things happen, but there's no stopping it I guess... We can only mourn for the losses there are... Strength to those who lost dear people!

    ReplyDelete
  26. my condolence for all those affected.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope it all ends happy in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been away for the last couple of weeks so don't know what happened.

    Anyway, I hope the best luck to all of them for the future ;-)

    ReplyDelete